Fake parts from popular dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2003dc5 View Post
    I ended up finding the receipt. Is there anything I can do about this?
    yes, if it is fake you can demand a refund from the trader.

here is an outline of the steps you should take (before it gets serious and you need assistance from a Govt. agency)

http://fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ftw/Ab...g_issues.page?

but simply, you are protected by the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) which means that basically:

Products must be of acceptable quality, that is:

•safe, lasting, with no faults
    •look acceptable
    •do all the things someone would normally expect them to do.

and most importantly: not be sold as genuine when actually fake.

here is a more detailed explanation of your rights and remedies:

http://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/con...replace-refund
    ... retired/

Comment

16/09/2015 purchased. I've been running it on my car thinking it was the real deal for a while. I had issues with my car starting and bogging and I thought it was my fuel system as I never serviced it until 100k kms. I changed fuel pumps and filters and problem was still there. I decided to put back my stock airbox just because of how hot the weather has been and suddenly my car has no issues. Only last week I started researching on the Apollo and relised I bought a fake. Not sure if they will accept a refund this late tho but I'm gonna message them now

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
        yes, if it is fake you can demand a refund from the trader.

here is an outline of the steps you should take (before it gets serious and you need assistance from a Govt. agency)

http://fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ftw/Ab...g_issues.page?

but simply, you are protected by the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) which means that basically:

Products must be of acceptable quality, that is:

•safe, lasting, with no faults
        •look acceptable
        •do all the things someone would normally expect them to do.

and most importantly: not be sold as genuine when actually fake.

here is a more detailed explanation of your rights and remedies:

http://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/con...replace-refund
        Okay thank you. Apologies for calling you a smart ass as I can see you are actually trying to be helpful.

Comment

Print out this entire thread and show it to them, they will without a doubt issue you a refund.

Comment

Okay thank you. Apologies for calling you a smart ass
            people call me lots worse...

I can see you are actually trying to be helpful.
            (and making sure our forum doesn't get sued for defamation)
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by ken_twolves View Post
              Print out this entire thread and show it to them, they will without a doubt issue you a refund.
              OP has more than enough to make a claim without involving ClubITR or it's owners...
              ... retired/

Comment

Not sure if they will accept a refund this late tho but I'm gonna message them now
                it is not their *choice* - it is the LAW.

if they don't refund you , you can take it much further....
                ... retired/

Comment

Yup, Tinkerbell is right, you have the right to request a replacement (for a genuine hopefully), or a refund for this product if it is indeed fake. Know your rights, and don't get carried away. If they're reasonable they should be able to help you out, as they're legally obligated to. I've worked for a company before in after sales support processing consumer law and warranty replacements and the best customers were always the ones who were aware of their rights and didn't come in kicking and screaming...

Comment

TWS is owned by joe that used to run extreme motorsports... i guess if he is dodgey enough to sell rolled back kilomette imports, he will easily buy fake products and sell them as the real deal....

please someone quote this thread and tell me how wrong i am as i think technically TWS is managed/owned by joe's wife... either way, i dont care, this post is to let you guys know of the hsitory of the management team...
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                      TWS is owned by joe that used to run extreme motorsports... i guess if he is dodgey enough to sell rolled back kilomette imports, he will easily buy fake products and sell them as the real deal....

please someone quote this thread and tell me how wrong i am as i think technically TWS is managed/owned by joe's wife... either way, i dont care, this post is to let you guys know of the hsitory of the management team...
                      Was extreme motorsport the car importer in Sydney with the green and black logo?
                      I heard so many horror stories from that place. Friends evo was rolled back and he found out as he did a Japanese car history check

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
                        Was extreme motorsport the car importer in Sydney with the green and black logo?
                        I heard so many horror stories from that place. Friends evo was rolled back and he found out as he did a Japanese car history check
                        Yep thats correct, Extreme Motorsport was on Parramatta Road right before the M4 entry. It happened to my mate's EP3 as well. But I guess they are no longer around and related to TWS now.
                        Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Working...
                        X