Fake parts from popular dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake parts from popular dealer

Hey guys just a heads up be careful of shop TeamWildSpeed. They sell lots of NOT genuine branded accessories such as recaro headrests and other misc items that have been branded as takata, bride etc.. Yes everyone knows they are not genuine products and buy them knowingly. I however bought a k@n intake from them which was not labeled as "fake", "style" or "replica".. I therefore thought the item was genuine and once installed on my car it had trouble starting and would usually bog down until the engine would turn off. Turns out the filter from the intake was so cheaply made and restrictive it didn't let enough air into the engine. I then did research and turns out the intake I bought is a cheap knock off.. I sent them a FB message about it without being confrontational. They didn't reply and they usually reply to my enquiries. So just a heads up when buying performance parts to always check as I payed the same amount of dollars for the genuine product but got given a fake..

just get a charge back from paypal or your visa card company?
    ... retired/

Comment

Hmm I payed cash as they are also a actual shop and garage with a showroom located in witherill park. I threw away the receipt so there's nothing I really can do about it except warn others. Strange they didn't reply to my message as they usually do so just be careful of this shop as they seem legit but might have a lot of copies selling at genuine prices

Comment

pretty hard to believe you couldn't tell a fake K&N intake from a cheap replica?

BTW - I have never heard of fake K&N intakes?

and also - who told you the air filter was the problem?

you sure you just didn't knock off a vacuum hose when installing it?
        ... retired/

Comment

I think a cheap replica is the same as a fake. TWS told me it was genuine. This was the first intake I have ever bought so I had nothing to compare it to.
          It was the k@n Apollo cis. It did seem off when I got it but I thought it was genuine only cos I bought it off a respected shop. It came in a box and after research and watching videos of people comparing the fake vs genuine I found out mine was the fake one. Also I got suspecious when I heard other people's apollo intake make a loud sound when revving where as mine sounded so weak. The paint finish was also off and had overspray as well as areas not completely painted on the closed intake system and no part number on the filter as well as logo facing wrong way. The quality was overall bad and the reason I wasn't suspicious in the first place was cos k@n sells this intake 4x cheaper then a injen intake and 10x cheaper then the gruppe m(same company) so it was one of there low end products.
          No one told me the filter was the issue. But once I removed it my car has been starting up fine so I just assume. It doesn't change the fact they sold me a fake for the genuine price.
          They ended up replying today and said they are investigating further into there supplier so my respect for TWS has been restored. Just telling people out there you could be buying replicas without knowing.
          Last edited by 2003dc5; 22-02-16, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2003dc5 View Post
            I think a cheap replica is the same as a fake.
            sure, 100% agree!

TWS told me it was genuine.
            did it come in packaging?

This was the first intake I have ever bought so I had nothing to compare it to.
            pics off the internet?

It was the k@n Apollo cis.
            i have no idea what you mean? what is K@N????

what is Apollo? what is 'cis'?

It did seem off when I got it but I thought it was genuine only cos I bought it off a respected shop.
            what does "off" mean?

It came in a box and after research and watching videos of people comparing the fake vs genuine I found out mine was the fake one.
            pics of box?

Also I got suspecious when I heard other people's apollo intake make a loud sound when revving where as mine sounded so weak.
            right.

The paint finish was also off and had overspray as well as areas not completely painted on the closed intake system and no part number on the filter as well as logo facing wrong way.
            wow! that's pretty bad!

The quality was overall bad and the reason I wasn't suspicious in the first place was cos k@n sells this intake 4x cheaper then a injen intake and 10x cheaper then the gruppe m(same company) so it was one of there low end products.
            i kinda still have no idea what the product is you're talking about?

No one told me the filter was the issue. But once I removed it my car has been starting up fine so I just assume. It doesn't change the fact they sold me a fake for the genuine price.
            what was the price?

They ended up replying today and said they are investigating further into there supplier so my respect for TWS has been restored.
            gee - you are easy to restore respect after taking it away!

Just telling people out there you could be buying replicas without knowing.
            unless you post pics, that of helpful sentiment is kinda useless...
            Last edited by tinkerbell; 22-02-16, 05:10 PM.
            ... retired/

Comment

It didn't come in packaging as I didnt get it delivered but it did come in a box with k@n logos and pictures.

Pictures off the internet arnt useful when comparing quality. Just touching it felt cheap for example. Use all your senses to determine quality not just sight.

K@n is the brand name, Apollo CIS is the name given to the product. Pretty much a cone filter inside a box with no restrictions and a snorkel to feed cold air.

Pics of box refer to video below
              It costs about 100$ new
              There's nothing wrong with restoring respect if they are trying to make it better..
              Here's a video I found comparing fake vs real. Mine is exactly the same as the fake one. Exactly
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rb39S6sBHA

Comment

K@n is the brand name,
                so you mean K&N?

i hope TeamWildSpeed make it right for you...
                ... retired/

Comment

Yes I mean k&n my mistake on the part. To be honest you just sound like a smart ass.
                  Its not about making it right for me at all. I never said anything was about me. I'm informing other people that dealers out there could be selling you fake products at the price of the genuine product. When I bought the intake it was the last one they had stock meaning other people had purchased a fake without knowing. They assured me they are investigating the supplier. I made sure they did that not for me but for the next person who comes along.. the point of this thread isn't for sentiment. It's a reminder that not all dealers are genuine and you could be buying a buddy club 1500$ header thinking it's genuine but actually just a copy.
                  Oops sorry Buddyclub*
                  Last edited by 2003dc5; 22-02-16, 06:19 PM.

Comment

To be honest you just sound like a smart ass.
                    i'm just a moderator of this forum.

if you want to go bagging out a commercial business on this forum, you better be sure of what your info is...

otherwise my smart arse mode gets activated.

you seem like you have a legit issue, so i really hope the trader in question makes it right for you.
                    ... retired/

Comment

Do you have any photos of the product you can post here to warn others of what to look out for in these replica K&an intakes? eg, box, paint, etc.
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                        Do you have any photos of the product you can post here to warn others of what to look out for in these replica K&an intakes? eg, box, paint, etc.
                        I found the youtube video very revealing:

Here's a video I found comparing fake vs real. Mine is exactly the same as the fake one. Exactly
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rb39S6sBHA
                        ... retired/

Comment

Here's mine.

No part number on filter

Weird glue

K&n logo should be facing other way.

Bad paint quality. Not sure if painted with a paint brush..

Hose is not long at all and when flexed it will kink.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I ended up finding the receipt. Is there anything I can do about this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Take it back to them for a refund. Point out all the flaws.

When was the date of purchase?
                              Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Working...
                              X