X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synchrotech Carbon Synchros

My synchros finally came!!

[ATTACH]7532[/ATTACH]
    Last edited by felixR; 13-02-16, 09:27 AM.

Originally posted by IbbyDC2R View Post
    Thanks guys , well not really mod it I want to leave stock so I don't attract cops lol, I'm just gana put my spare Sony deck in Coz it's still cassette player and pioneer 6x9s and a 10" kicker sub that I have that should be enough just to make it a fun daily and maybe white walls on the tyres, speaking of modding up MY SYNCHROS FINALLY CAME!! [ATTACH]7532[/ATTACH]
    Let me know how these synchros feel!! I have a full set for k series in my room that I was going to use when I rebuilt my mission.. I ended up getting talked out of it for oem Honda synchros....

Comment

Originally posted by Jayden95 View Post
      Let me know how these synchros feel!! I have a full set for k series in my room that I was going to use when I rebuilt my mission.. I ended up getting talked out of it for oem Honda synchros....
      Apparently there really good better than the OEM on the dc2r wouldn't know about the K series though, are your ones Pro series carbon?

Comment

Apparently there really good better than the OEM on the dc2r wouldn't know about the K series though, are your ones Pro series carbon?
        Yep pro series.

Comment

Yep pro series.
          I'll let you know how I go I'm installing them after next week

Comment

I've got the Synchrotech carbon synchros in my DC5R box in my CR-X, and have so far been very pleased with them (about 5000km and 4 track events). Shifting is crisp and precise, definitely better than the worn OEM box in my DC5R. I have heard vague whisperings of issues with the carbon items. Maybe their quality control isn't quite as good as OEM, as if the clearances aren't quite right the synchro will drag and cause shifting issues.

Where did you get OEM synchros? I understood that they could only be purchased with the synchro hub/sleeve or gear set, making them quite pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
              I've got the Synchrotech carbon synchros in my DC5R box in my CR-X, and have so far been very pleased with them (about 5000km and 4 track events). Shifting is crisp and precise, definitely better than the worn OEM box in my DC5R. I have heard vague whisperings of issues with the carbon items. Maybe their quality control isn't quite as good as OEM, as if the clearances aren't quite right the synchro will drag and cause shifting issues.

Where did you get OEM synchros? I understood that they could only be purchased with the synchro hub/sleeve or gear set, making them quite pricey.
              The bad reviews of the carbon synchros I heard where from the old stock carbon synchros back in 2010 I think they've picked up there game with good synchros haven't read anything about them In a dc2r its all been K series but yea the OEM synchros JDMYARD have them not sure about pricing

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post

I was told they were quite "notchy" and more of a real push to put into gear... I still daily drove my ep3r at the time so when I was told that it straight away turned me off them and decided to buy the oem synchros which, yes did come with the sleeve for the specific gears... I still have 1-6 Carbon synchros sitting in my room ^_^

Comment

I wonder if there's anyone here that put the carbon synchros on there dc2r

Comment

Update ... I got my car back today... I must say I love how it goes into gears smoothly and responsive so far so good.. [emoji4]

Comment

Update ... I got my car back today... I must say I love how it goes into gears smoothly and responsive so far so good.. [emoji4]
                      Let me go for a spin haha
                      00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
                      13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
                      15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

Originally posted by jv-st View Post
                        Let me go for a spin haha
                        Yea sure will work out a time and date [emoji4]

Comment

Where did you get your syncros and where did you get them installed?

Comment

Originally posted by richie View Post
                            Where did you get your syncros and where did you get them installed?
                            I ordered them online from synchrotech America they where suggested by the guy that did my gearbox recon and his been using them never had customer complaints here's the link : http://www.synchrotech-transmissions.com/#2716

My mechanic uses this trusted guy that does gearboxes. His been sending him work for the past 10 years and never had a problem or a send back with gearboxes. I think his located in padstow I can get you his number if you want? I ordered the Pro series Carbon synchros 1-5 I think it was $400 but yea check out the website. The code for the dc2r pro series Carbon synchros are : syn101

Comment

Sell me yours!

Comment

Working...
                              X