No announcement yet.

B18C7 fuel economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question. I know the tank is 50 L but I constantly only have to fill up 40 L from empty (light flashing briefly); which is about 530 km.

Is there a reserve of <10 L?
    Integra Type R 01 #136

Comment

Originally posted by ITR136 View Post
      I have a question. I know the tank is 50 L but I constantly only have to fill up 40 L from empty (light flashing briefly); which is about 530 km.

Is there a reserve of <10 L?
      I'm pretty sure DC2 is 45 L and the DC5 is 50 L

Comment

I get like 450 km from full tank,

Comment

350-380km before petrol light stays on from suburban driving, maybe 400-430 if i'm extremely desperate and drive on reserve tank, but id be pushing my luck. Car is tuned on bp98 so i only ever pour from BP.
          Amazing how some some of you guys get 450+.. I've poured 47L before so i think tank would be at least 50L?

Comment

Wow you guys are getting pretty good mileage!
            I get around 400kms on a full tank bp98, but thats when it hits E not the petrol light so id say arond 400-425kms... 450 would be pushing my luck...

Comment

~38L @ ~400 km, so under 10L/100km - that's not too bad for a 15 year old car...
              ... retired/

Comment

I get 500~ with my bolt-ons + tune. Good stuff haha. If I push it probably around 450
                00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
                13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
                15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

Quote exact numbers in L/100km people. Saying how much you get to a tank is pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                    Quote exact numbers in L/100km people. Saying how much you get to a tank is pointless.
                    no its not lol, just divide the amount of km/s traveled by 100km. 450km/100km= 4.5 then divide amount of fuel used 40L by 4.5 and u get L/100km, in my case i get 8.9 haha. since we all have the same cars we can use kms traveled as range instead.

Comment

Originally posted by kaze View Post
                      no its not lol, just divide the amount of km/s traveled by 100km. 450km/100km= 4.5 then divide amount of fuel used 40L by 4.5 and u get L/100km, in my case i get 8.9 haha. since we all have the same cars we can use kms traveled as range instead.
                      What if one person fills up with 8L still remaining, and the other with 2L, and they both call that a full tank? You stated in your previous post that you got 450km to a full tank, but what is a full tank for you? Are we meant to assume that everyone magically knows that you fill up with 10L remaining? Fuel gauges are not consistent, and even in this thread it seems no-one has any idea what the fuel tank capacity of a DC2R is. For reference it's stated as 50L by Honda, same as a DC5R. So your fuel economy is actually 50/4.5=11.1L/100km for your full tank.

Stating an inaccurate "I get X km to a tank" number is just wasting everyone's time.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                        What if one person fills up with 8L still remaining, and the other with 2L, and they both call that a full tank? You stated in your previous post that you got 450km to a full tank, but what is a full tank for you? Are we meant to assume that everyone magically knows that you fill up with 10L remaining? Fuel gauges are not consistent, and even in this thread it seems no-one has any idea what the fuel tank capacity of a DC2R is. For reference it's stated as 50L by Honda, same as a DC5R. So your fuel economy is actually 50/4.5=11.1L/100km for your full tank.

Stating an inaccurate "I get X km to a tank" number is just wasting everyone's time.
                        yeah ur probably right, my bad haha.

Comment

Tom is always right.
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

err, there's no "probably" about it...
                            ... retired/

Comment

Long term average for my DC2R - 9.14L/100km (over 34,270km)

Best 7.49L/100km
                              Worst 12.56L/100km
                              | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Here is an example of my fuel consumption. Just filled up 38.14L of petrol and travelled 555.1km.

This equal 6.87L / 100km. Which is actually the best I have ever recorded

P.S My daily commute is ~70km of country town and highway driving which speed zones ranging from 50km/h to 100km/h. I don't rev the car out much besides the weekends where I have a bit of fun.
                                Integra Type R 01 #136

Comment

Working...
                                X