B18C7 fuel economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B18C7 fuel economy

Hey guys I have a dc2r with injen cai and full 2.5 exhaust.
    I'm only getting about 12-13L/100km.
    Occasionally pops in exhaust.
    I don't vtec very often.
    Is this normal?
    Post your fuel usage!
    Cheers

That is pretty bad... if you can hear pops in your exhaust than you're definitely running rich.
    should get it looked at - service your car, check engine oil (use right viscosity), replace O2 sensor, clean air filter

I get on average around 8L/100km daily driven. stock airbox, 421 headers plus stock catback
    During the recent school holiday period - I was doing 7.75L/100km

Comment

check for ECU codes, then reset the ECU.
      ... retired/

Comment

Dorokin thanks for the reply, dreaming of that fuel efficiency haha.

In regards to the ecu, how do I check it? Cheers!

Comment

there is a good write up over here: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ECU-for-j00-!&
          ... retired/

Comment

Keep in mind, some sensors can be faulty yet still remain in range to not throw a CEL code

For example, MAP sensor input to the ECU will range from 1v to 5v. at idle about 1.0 V and at WOT about 5.0 V
            If your MAP sensor is faulty it could be sending 2-3V to the ECU at idle - yet the ECU will not know something is wrong as it's still within the reference voltage range.

These sorts of things require a bit of testing and troubleshooting.. so I would just start with the basics

Comment

Thanks heaps for the replies will have a go on the weekend.

Comment

Just for advice, I have a dc2r with a full exhaust system, stock intake and a power fc ecu. I average around 7.3L per 100km (I did the maths every fill up for about 6 months). Highest I ever got was 8.5L per 100km.
                Integra Type R 01 #136

Comment

wow! who tuned the PFC?
                  ... retired/

Comment

Weird - I see 10 around town (and yes I put the boot in now and then) and 7.6 on a trip interstate.

Stock motor and exhaust/intake.

Love to know how you got 7.3 general driving. My wife's EK Civic wont get that good on a SOHC motor.
                    1988 CRX
                    1999 Integra Type R
                    2020 Civic Type R

Comment

The previous owner got the car originally tuned at IS Motor Racing (Rockdale, Sydney). I recently got a minor re-tune from EFI Performance (Gold Coast) to eliminate a bit of knocking.

I guess my low fuel consumption is based on my daily commute (~70 km) of country driving and not the stop/start nature of the city. I do also drive like a grandma most of the time (1/4 throttle etc). I used to have an ED6 Civic and got around the 6.5 L mark, so yeah I was surprised by the fuel economy myself.
                      Integra Type R 01 #136

Comment

Wow, all of you are getting amazing fuel economy compared to my itr

Current engine mods are;

Mugen intake
                        Headers, 2.5 b pipe to a mugen twinloop
                        Buddyclub spec 3+ cams, supertech valvetrain and some minor headwork (port and polish)

Standard ecu at the moment since im planning for a k swap very soon.

im lucky to get over 350 kilometres out of a full tank of bp 98... there must be something wrong, adrian from toda said my o2 sensor might be dead.. but I'm really not sure.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

You do have epic cams and supporting valve train though, must be making very good power (140+ kW atw?). Personally I think the stock ecu, not being programmable is causing some of your fuel consumption issues. Not sure about O2 sensors as I've never come across issues with them.

Good luck with the K swap! That would be brilliant; if you stay B series for a while I think a Hondata S300 could get 10+ kW atw from those mods.
                          Integra Type R 01 #136

Comment

Has anyone else noticed a drop in fuel economy with BP Ultimate lately? It could be just the servo I (used to) use but I doubt it.

Now I've started using 7-Eleven Supreme 98 (supplied by Mobil) and getting pretty decent mileage..

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh
                              On a recent road trip, I got about 600km out of a single tank.

I get approximately 400-450km with usual metropolitan and city driving with start stop traffic.

My DC2R is mechanically stock standard.
                              600!!!!!!!! Is that like straight driving on the high way no stopping? I got about 470 last time with only a few times vtec was used, my exhaust does pop occasionally I love it [emoji4] specially those little pops once shifting down and slowing down

Comment

Working...
                              X