Reviews of new CTR in "EVO" Mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reviews of new CTR in "EVO" Mag

Just took a peak at the latest EVO mag at the news agency. There's a full review on the CTR and also a hot hatch matchup.

Haven't read through the articles, but from the brief result summary, the new CTR failed to impress. It scores less than the average score among all the hot hatches like, Golf GTI, FORD ST, Megane, SEAT...

Can someone who actually buy the magazine fill us up with abit more info?
    For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Which version CTR was this the upgraded model with all the goodies ??
    ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
      Which version CTR was this the upgraded model with all the goodies ??
      This is the latest CTR that's released recently in UK. The egg shaped R.
      For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

Originally posted by lovesil View Post
        Just took a peak at the latest EVO mag at the news agency. There's a full review on the CTR and also a hot hatch matchup.

Haven't read through the articles, but from the brief result summary, the new CTR failed to impress. It scores less than the average score among all the hot hatches like, Golf GTI, FORD ST, Megane, SEAT...

Can someone who actually buy the magazine fill us up with abit more info?
        LOL - did someone come up to you b4 you could read all of it and say "this isnt a library".

J/K... i would to read it, might see if i can get my hands on it tomorrow. will post a scan job if i get it and have the time.

Comment

i broused thru the article too. basically new CTR not that good. golf gti still the best new hot hatch, along with renault megane 225 F1 special blah blah version. looks like honda spent too much designing a crzy futuristic interior and tried too hard to make the styling 'different', and didnt spend enough time and effort on designing a good chassis.

none compare to the dc2r though, still rated best FF sports car of all time.

ps i saw an intersting article in the recent honda tuning magazine too, spoon tuned current shape civic sedan with k20a, apparently "mr. ichishima's idea of what the type-r should be". also apparently outlaps db8r and ap1 (dunno if tuned or stock versions though..)

mm..honda not doing anything to spurr my interest over the last few years.can't keep riding on the sports cars of previous generations. time to look elsewhere??
          "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Just got some info from a Honda dealer I know in Tokyo. The new Civic Type R will be released in Japan next month. I got a peak into some inside information (dealer pre-release) and the following is a summary:

Civic Type R - 4 door
            - 165 kW @ 8000 rpm (225ps) - up 3 Kw on JDM DC5R
            - 211 Nm @ 6000 rpm - JDM DC5R is 206 @ 7000 rpm
            - 1270 kg - JDM DC5 is 1190 kg
            - 225/40x18 tyres as std - JDM DC5 has 215/45x17 tyres as std

The new Civic Type R has the same Brembo front brakes as the JDM DC5 but, bigger rotors all round. The JDM DC5R (AUS the same) has 16" brakes up front and 14" unit in the rear (NB. This is not the size of the rotors - long story about brake sizing in Japan). The 16" units are actually 300mm rotors, while 14" usually equates to 262mm on the rear. The new Civic Type R is listed as having 17" brake units up front (around 320 to 325mm - guessing a bit here) and 15" units on the rear (282mm).

The big standouts for the New Civic Type R as I see it are more power, chasis and suspension designed for 18" rims, bigger brakes and more torque at a lower rpm (more mid-range punch). However, the extra weight (80 kg) over the JDM DC5R is a draw back. The dealer told me that the new Civic Type R will have lower gearing to compensate for the slightly more weight. Couldn't give me the gear ratios or final.

How did the new JDM CTR perform? On the Honda test circuit, the new CTR was 1.7 seconds faster than the JDM DC5R per lap. More power, better brakes and bigger tyres easily outweighted the extra weight.

To top it off, it also looks pretty good as well.

Comment

the question is, will it come to Australia?

Comment

Originally posted by M a i k e r u View Post
                the question is, will it come to Australia?
                I hope so...that's a CTR worth owning!

Comment

Lets write a letter to honda australia and we all sign it.....
                  Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                  1)ブレーキを踏む
                  2)クラッチを切る
                  3)シフトダウンしなから、
                    アクセルをぶかす
                  4)クラッチをつなぐ
                  :blah:
                  インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                  人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

i truely hope the CTR Sedan is the one that will make it over instead of the egg R. Not only it looks so much better, but it will be more appealing to me. At least it will justify more for me to spend $40 - 50k on a 4 dr instead of a 2 dr.

Comment

There is a CTR coming - although I was told it was a CTR "coupe". That's all my friend told me, he's a salesman for Honda.
                      ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Jim80y View Post
                        There is a CTR coming - although I was told it was a CTR "coupe". That's all my friend told me, he's a salesman for Honda.
                        i think, at this point, we are only hoping for any CTR to come in at all.

Comment

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
                          mm..honda not doing anything to spurr my interest over the last few years.can't keep riding on the sports cars of previous generations. time to look elsewhere??

Now don't be silly! Have faith man!!!! Just hang in there man...

Originally posted by ChargeR
                          Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

IMHO...i think it will be the new OZ civic type R... not the lemon civic type R... since we dont have lemon civic here in OZ... so yeah... my guess tho...
                            http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by supernatural View Post
                              IMHO...i think it will be the new OZ civic type R... not the lemon civic type R... since we dont have lemon civic here in OZ... so yeah... my guess tho...
                              agreed
                              en_ to eriku!

Comment

Working...
                              X