Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC5S engine mounts - which would you recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will put my word in for J's Racing, set of 4 for all sides. Minimal vibrations on idle, almost stock driving. And little stiffer than OEM! Quick turnaround from JDMConcept also, took less than a week to get mine from Japan.

Hasport and Innovative are great also, being a billet product but if you can't bear the vibrations, don't get it.

Comment

^lol I couldn't stand the js racing. The vibrations killed me. I. The end I went to mugen with an oem rear mount. I didn't like the hard race mounts either because of the initial vibrations.
      Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Originally posted by stienerv2 View Post
        ^lol I couldn't stand the js racing. The vibrations killed me. I. The end I went to mugen with an oem rear mount. I didn't like the hard race mounts either because of the initial vibrations.
        How did you find the J's Racing compared to the Hardrace btw?

Was initially keen for Mugen but the pain of sourcing the rear mount threw me off.

Comment

Had a last minute change of heart and opted for the J's Racing. Just had them installed on the weekend.

Initial thoughts were that they were quite a bit stiffer than stock. While the extra stiffness felt great for shifting, it was quite horrible on a cold start.

Quite happy overall. Will provide an update in a couple of weeks or so when the mounts settle in.

Comment

Originally posted by DC5.Raven View Post
            Had a last minute change of heart and opted for the J's Racing. Just had them installed on the weekend.

Initial thoughts were that they were quite a bit stiffer than stock. While the extra stiffness felt great for shifting, it was quite horrible on a cold start.

Quite happy overall. Will provide an update in a couple of weeks or so when the mounts settle in.
            How did you find the vibrations?

I had this on my ep3, got sick of the vibrations and changed to mugen mounts.

Mugen mounts was much more comfortable but the joint between the bpipe and the cat is banging against the underbody of my car due to my mugen header.

May just change rear engine mount back to J's racing and see if that could strike a balance between engine movement and comfort.

Comment

For all the Js Racing users if you are still running them, could I get a in depth review?! Might be picking up a set but there is not a tonne of info on them!
              Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Working...
              X