Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC5S engine mounts - which would you recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5S engine mounts - which would you recommend?

Hi all

Looking to change my engine mounts on a daily driven DC5S. Just wondering which you would recommend from the below:

Mugen
    Hasport (62)
    Hardrace
    OEM

Also, wondering where I can source these from (besides Australian retailers).

Thanks!

Hardrace. Sold as a Full set of mounts. Sightly stiffer than oem. Perfect for daily. Hardened rubber inserts instead of pu like hasport or innovative which need to be replaced more often.

Never tried mugen but they are hefty in price. Very expensive
    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

I'm using hardrace daily driven. Deciding factor was that it came in a full set of 4. No complaints

Comment

Using hardrace also for reasons described above.
        They're great =)

Comment

I'm using Hasport 62a engine mounts, I think these mounts are very solid and doing what they are suppose to do if you don't mind the extra vibration. I haven't been in a DC5 with hardrace mounts so can't comment on them but they do also have a very good reputation. Can't go wrong on either of these.

Hasport mounts:
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hasport-EP3-...38c9dd&vxp=mtr

Hardrace engine mounts can be found here:
          http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hardrace-...01d7b71&_uhb=1

Comment

+1 for HardRace. Mugen is also slightly stiffer than OEM but the price is too much for what it is and only comes with 3 mounts.

Comment

Hard race 62a
              Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Thanks all for the advice. Yea have looked at eBay but just wondering if can source them cheaper.

Given car is daily driven, mainly looking at Mugen or Hardrace. Anyone have experience with both? (Had Mugen on a previous car)

Comment

Hardrace you can buy it from hardrace directly for about $420 last I checked. Can't get cheaper than that
                  Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Again +1 on the Hardrace.

Go see Yonas @ JDMYARD or straight from Hardrace, same price.

Had them in my old DC5R highly recommended!
                    S2000
                    WSID : TBA
                    Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                    Smooth As Detailing
                    Incar Racing

Comment

Hardrace FTW!

Comment

Sat in Hardrace, vibrations are a bit higher than my Mugen/Vibra rear.

Before I installed torque damper, vibrations are unnoticeable.

Also sat in Innovative and that was just crazy, floor was vibrating too.

Mugen is cheaper than Hardrace if you use some importer.

Comment

Hardrace it is. Thanks again all

Comment

Originally posted by DC5.Raven View Post
                            Hardrace it is. Thanks again all
                            Hard Race won't let you down.. You will really appreciate these engine mounts.. Report back once you have them installed..

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by justinfox
                            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

You won't regret getting hard race. Great engine mounts, as everyone else has pretty much said. Minimal cabin vibrations

Comment

Working...
                              X