Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 - Type R or Type S?

Hey guys,

Just want to know peoples opinions as to whether they would prefer the DC5 Type R over the Type S, or vise versa and suggest why.

Just curious to know peoples mindsets on the two types of models and the reasonings

type R- LSD + Recaros (plus other things), probably a better base for a race-spec car
    type S- leather crap, newer, facelift headlights/tailights, better stock stereo- better daily, newer (less stuff that would have broken down theoretically)

(just remember that dc5R aus spec is not equal to JDM)
    Neither stirs your pants like a dc2r

personal opinions
    I prefered type S because it was newer and better looking in my opinion

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Sometimes I wish the dc2 type r just scraped in for a k motor.

Comment

I personally prefer the Type S for:

leather seats (better daily than recaros)
        sunroof (luxury xD)
        Facelifted Front and rear lights
        better insurance value

People like Type R for:
        LSD
        Lighter weight
        Recaros
        Type R spoiler (sportier look)

I mainly chose the type S because you can always add a LSD and Spoiler to it if you like the type R look.
        Last edited by LiteX; 26-02-14, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks Tiana,
          I hereby declare the can of worms, open!!
          02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

I haven't heard of anyone wanting their Type R to function like. Type S. (Taking recaros out for leather or taking the LSD out etc), but I have heard of heaps doing the opposite ( replacing leather seats for recaros and adding an LSD to the tranny)

If you are more into looks, go for what looks good for you, for what you like.

Comment

DC5 - Type R or Type S?

Personally, Type-r of course, the reasons are mostly covered above, but I just prefer the original teardrop lights and more aggressive look,
              but if your trying to decide for yourself, it really comes down to what you like interior wise, and maybe what your final plans for the car are, considering track work or bodykits
              02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

DC2R can easily have a K series engine, just costs some money.

Honestly tho it comes down to your personal tastes and what your plans are for the car
                Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
                Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
                Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
                Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Indeed.

Thank you all for the great points mentioned. I posted this thread this because I wasnt sure whether to sell my dc5r and get a dc5s in black. But I think im going to keep the type R. I dont know.. I think ive just always been a type r person.

If anything im waiting til my blacks from here on and saving for a nsx. Must have.

Comment

you can save for an NSX, but good luck finding a good one in manual, unless you want to convert to manual yourself, My old man waiting on one, looking at carsales everyday lol.
                    BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                    APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                    Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                    NSEX

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                      I haven't heard of anyone wanting their Type R to function like. Type S. (Taking recaros out for leather or taking the LSD out etc), but I have heard of heaps doing the opposite ( replacing leather seats for recaros and adding an LSD to the tranny)

If you are more into looks, go for what looks good for you, for what you like.
                      Adding recaros and lsd. $1200 / $350 items alone. Plus opening gearbox - $1,000. Total. $2550

Adding facelift f r ... headlifgts $600, front bumoer $500, rear bumoer $400 $400 for rear taios dont even worry bout the other minir thngs. Fitting and painting.. $600. Totals $2500. So relatively same price. Imo the facelift.conversion will be harder to source. More parts to find etc. I will much rather the type s as the platform and ass ur tyoe r bits on later!
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Imo I actually was looking at the type s for a better building block as it has the k20z1 motor... kind of like the idea of having a newer platform to work with.

Big self conflict when it comes to this topic. So many reasons for and against both models!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiana View Post
                          Indeed.

Thank you all for the great points mentioned. I posted this thread this because I wasnt sure whether to sell my dc5r and get a dc5s in black. But I think im going to keep the type R. I dont know.. I think ive just always been a type r person.

If anything im waiting til my blacks from here on and saving for a nsx. Must have.
                          Probably best to just keep the dc5r, there isn't a real difference between the two for you to sell and buy basically the same car.

IMO of course.

Comment

Thanks guys for all your opinions!

Keeping the dc5r and continuing my modifications.

Looking forward to posting my build thread once complete!

Comment

Working...
                            X