Squeeling Sound from GruppeM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squeeling Sound from GruppeM

Hey guys, so I recently started hearing a squeel sound coming out of the gruppeM cowl. I'm not sure if this is because I recently installed the Tegiwa induction hose, but i have not noticed this before. Is this normal?

When you say squeal, can you identify where it is specifically coming from? The cowl? Intake box? Hose? Or intake box rubbing against cowl? If you could, please have someone sitting in the car and put some throttle and if you can isolate where it is coming from with a video perhaps? Only then can we help you. But common problems from the GruppeM,

Cowl flexing against windscreen
    Intake rubbing against the Cowl.
    Induction host rubbing on acceleration

Comment

Additionally, can you please state what car you have please. I assumed you have a DC5. You could be talking about an NSX for all I know.

Comment

If DC5, when I had my gruppe m I could hear such sound too. Found out it was the intake box rubbing against the stock front strut bar. Putting some padding between them fixed it up.

Worth a look.

Comment

Its more like a screech, you can hear it when the car idles, not when accelerating(can only hear the engine from that). Its not rubbing against anything, you can just hear it screeching when its idling, I'll try upload the video soon.

Oh sorry, forgot to say its DC5s.
          Last edited by LiteX; 22-11-13, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Heres the Link of the video
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obOC0...ature=youtu.be
            Last edited by LiteX; 22-11-13, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LiteX View Post
              Heres the Link of the video
              Missing link?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycray View Post
                Missing link?
                yeh stupid me>.>

*fixed*

Comment

That sounds very normal. It's just resonating sound that the air makes entering the intake manifold?

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                    That sounds very normal. It's just resonating sound that the air makes entering the intake manifold?
                    Ok thanks Norm, just that I didnt seem to hear this before and now its quite loud. Just making sure I didnt F something up.

Comment

Lol, its normal, dw
                      BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                      APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                      Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                      NSEX

Comment

Originally posted by LiteX View Post
                        Ok thanks Norm, just that I didnt seem to hear this before and now its quite loud. Just making sure I didnt F something up.
                        No worries. As the original poster of this thread. Are you happy with the response and am I able to obtain your permission to close this thread?

Norm

Comment

as everyone says its normal dude. pretty standard n loud haha

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                            No worries. As the original poster of this thread. Are you happy with the response and am I able to obtain your permission to close this thread?

Norm
                            Yes, please close thread.

Comment

Working...
                            X