No announcement yet.

Opinions on X-Force exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes...I was thinking headers, cat, etc. Point is still the same though - X-Force plus pipe will about half the price of the Fujitsubo or less.

Comment

Fujitsubo is cheaper on perfectrun

http://www.perfectrun.jp/src/detail....10405&scate_id[]=sct_1406

I think I'm narrowing it down to the Fujitsubo or Kakimoto regu 06&R. A lot of the guys on the UK forums rave on about it and it doesn't sound half bad either. Not too loud and raspy, perfect for daily drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Apu View Post
        How much is a Fujitsubo...$2500? .
        I'm not too sure where you're buying your fgk exhaust from but I'd say you're being heavily ripped off. I paid under $1000 for a brand new fujitsubo powergetter catback straight from the manufacturer. Aus distributors always mark up their products quite a bit so you're much better off sourcing your parts straight from japan if you've got the know how.
        Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Yeah, shop around, don't pay anymore than $1250 delivered for a FGK catback exhaust(dc5)
          02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Yes, like I said in my follow up post, I was thinking full system. Header to tip.

Still, $1250 vs $600? If OP is concerned about return on resale, then he's got to factor in the difference in outlay and the difference in resale.

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
              I'm not too sure where you're buying your fgk exhaust from but I'd say you're being heavily ripped off. I paid under $1000 for a brand new fujitsubo powergetter catback straight from the manufacturer. Aus distributors always mark up their products quite a bit so you're much better off sourcing your parts straight from japan if you've got the know how.
              What distributors can you recommend for exhausts from Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycray View Post
                What distributors can you recommend for exhausts from Japan?
                Jesse Streeter. He's an Aussie who lives in japan. Just google him

Comment

^ I've been using Jesse for years now, He gets most his stuff must cheaper than Japanese retail price. 2nd hand RM01a's in aus sell for more than they are new in japan, if you can get one cheap you will most likely never loose money on it. The only problem comes down to if the B pipe is a 2 piece or 1 piece. 2 piece can usually be with in the limit for EMS air, so shipping will be ok price and wont take to long. The DC2 RM01a is a 1 piece and is too big for EMS or it's either Sea freight or container, which are cheaper methods but sea freight takes 6-8weeks and container can take 3-4months. Going off an old shipping price list i have Sea freight for a 20kg package will be about $120 before Jesse's fees(which are much cheaper than ImportMonster).

Cheapest brand new DC5 RM01a Catback on Yahoo Auctions right now is $653(at the current exchange rate of $1au=94yen) Jesse is usually 2-4yen less because that is what the banks charge him to convert the money. I would say you could easily get it under $1k landed.

Comment

Working...
                  X