Opinions on X-Force exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on X-Force exhaust

Hey everyone I wanna get some opinions on X-force cat-back systems for a DC5.

How does this system perform to other exhausts? I notice there are two mufflers available for the system, cannon & twin loop. How loud is the cannon for Daily Driving? And will the twin loop be very restrictive or still give a louder note over the stock system? (But not too loud)

Have you also looked into a varex exhaust by xforce? It comes with a remote control to adjust the noise output of the exhaust. Only thing that sucks is that you can get defected for it.

Twinloop exhaust is really good, not loud nor is it too quite.
    Here's a good example of a comparison between stock to the twinloop http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ntIGREGzPIY

I've heard the xforce canon before, nothing special tbh, but at the end of the day it comes down to personal preference really.

In terms of comparing brands, you do essentially get what you pay for, so don't rush into anything, take your time :-)
    BBBBRRRRAAAAWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Comment

PLM or TODA.
      Heaps of stuff on the net. Check american RSX forums. They're awesome for these kinds of topics.

Comment

Depends on what you want and what you are prepared to pay for.

The JDM brands will be finished better than the likes of X-Force but you'd probably pay twice as much if not more. Highly unlikely though, that you will get significantly more power...if at all.

I've got (partly) X-Force exhausts on both my cars and I can't fault them. My DC2R has a twin loop on it. Quiet at idle until you hit VTEC. Much quieter than my MX5 which only has an X-Force rear muffler.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMario93 View Post
          Have you also looked into a varex exhaust by xforce? It comes with a remote control to adjust the noise output of the exhaust. Only thing that sucks is that you can get defected for it.

Twinloop exhaust is really good, not loud nor is it too quite.
          Here's a good example of a comparison between stock to the twinloop http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ntIGREGzPIY

I've heard the xforce canon before, nothing special tbh, but at the end of the day it comes down to personal preference really.

In terms of comparing brands, you do essentially get what you pay for, so don't rush into anything, take your time :-)
          Yeah I have, it seems a bit gimmicky to me to be honest, and I don't want people messing around with the volumes as I drive! It's pretty much down to X-Force vs Fujitsubo for the extra money, I've been researching for months!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycray View Post
            Yeah I have, it seems a bit gimmicky to me to be honest, and I don't want people messing around with the volumes as I drive! It's pretty much down to X-Force vs Fujitsubo for the extra money, I've been researching for months!
            I've got the Fujitsubo rm01a, it sounds amazing and not loud. Gives a sporty note.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycray View Post
              Hey everyone I wanna get some opinions on X-force cat-back systems for a DC5.

How does this system perform to other exhausts? I notice there are two mufflers available for the system, cannon & twin loop. How loud is the cannon for Daily Driving? And will the twin loop be very restrictive or still give a louder note over the stock system? (But not too loud)
              If only you were in syd i would of lend you my xforce twinloop to test

Comment

Also take into account the potential and ease of re-sale of the exhaust in the future,
                Either of fujisubo's exhausts will be easy to sell and hold a good portion of its value if you keep it in good condition, I don't think the same can be said for any exforce system
                02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

The xforce varex system is also illegal in most states. As nathan (gunpoons) has saif the xforce resale value isn't that great. Any top brand exhaust has a higher resale value and is probably a lot easy to sell.
                  sigpic

Comment

There are many places that are able to make decent custom exhausts that will cost substantially less than JDM branded ones. Most of the exhaust guys I've spoken to say that most of your gains with come from your intake and headers (and cat). For the relative price your spending there wont be a huge difference in gains between a well made custom job and a jdm catback. Although as stated by the other guys, resale value is a factor to consider.

Comment

JDM or nothing!! Fujitsubo ftw!!!!

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by justinfox
                      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Nathannnnn View Post
                        There are many places that are able to make decent custom exhausts that will cost substantially less than JDM branded ones. Most of the exhaust guys I've spoken to say that most of your gains with come from your intake and headers (and cat). For the relative price your spending there wont be a huge difference in gains between a well made custom job and a jdm catback. Although as stated by the other guys, resale value is a factor to consider.
                        i completely agree. well said sir!
                        DC5R: RED GOES FASTER

Comment

Thankyou!

Comment

How much is a Fujitsubo...$2500? What would the resale be on that?

My PLM / X-Force exhaust cost about $1500...and the guy that did the welding does better welds than Fujitsubo!

Anyway, think about your outlay and the expected resale vs the outlay and expect resale of the cheaper system. You'll find that you probably end up at pretty much the same position, except that you've forked out a lot more to start with.

It's like saying Mercedes has better resale value vs Volkswagen...yes, but you are losing a greater sum of money anyway. Pocket that difference and put it in the bank, get the interest and you'll come out on top.

However, if you want to go all JDM then by all means go ahead. If you think about it from a bang for buck then...

Comment

http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/part/fujitsubo/rm-01-a

Comment

Working...
                              X