No announcement yet.

Market price for used DC2R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep just as i thought, extra 4k for shipping, duty etc, more if i want to register it.

Now i need to think about how am i supposed to get the car to the track lol. Dont think my Euro has the guts to tow a 1ton car

Comment

I don't think DC2R is on the sevs list so that means you can't comply and register it.

I can tow it down if I get a drive of it
      happyhong says:
      aus only have 3 r
      happyhong says:
      civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

ClubITR rocks

we really are blessed here with such depth of knowledge and experience...

i doubt any other model specific forum could compare...
        ... retired/

Comment

Table of NOT ELIGIBLE Vehicle Models for SEVS

You'll see it's not allowed...
          happyhong says:
          aus only have 3 r
          happyhong says:

Comment

Originally posted by fueltank View Post
            Table of NOT ELIGIBLE Vehicle Models for SEVS

You'll see it's not allowed...

Thats only if you want to road register it right??

Which im not planning to do, i just want a Track only toy

Comment

so budget will include car trailer...

Honda Accord Euro
              Towing capacity:
              - trailer with brakes - 1200 kg
              - trailer without brakes - 500 kg
              http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/conn...pecifications/
              ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by N1Spec View Post
                Thats only if you want to road register it right??

Which im not planning to do, i just want a Track only toy
                That is correct.
                You'll need to import the car as a Racing Vehicle.

More info here
                http://www.dotars.gov.au/transport/s...ting.aspx#5.10

EDIT: I'm not sure if you can just import a car without going through one of the channels/scheme listed on the dotars website
                Last edited by fueltank; 02-02-07, 01:14 PM.
                happyhong says:
                aus only have 3 r
                happyhong says:

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                  so budget will include car trailer...

http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/conn...pecifications/
                  Brakes alone for trailer will be anywhere from $500 to over 1k.
                  Electric brakes with controller are probably better suited.

Beware some trailer brakes require you to get out and flick a switch before you can reverse!
                  happyhong says:
                  aus only have 3 r
                  happyhong says:

Comment

My car is still available?

Comment

And a trailor for it too.

Comment

Why don't import from NZ... they have plenty of JDM DC2's there. I assume it is cheaper from there.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                        Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

A friend of mine had an imported rally wrx he drove to and from events legally, however for closed circuit events that doesn't seem allowed - see snippet below.

Also, DB8 Type R 4 door may well be allowed under SEVS and be road registerable later this year. Iron Chef on ozhonda is looking into it.

Info taken from http://www.japimports.com.au/faq.htm
                          <snip>
                          Rally Use

Eligible vehicles for rally use are those homologated by the Federation Internationale
                          de l'Automobile (FIA). These vehicle models can be found listed at

http://www.fia.com/homologations/Voit_Pays.html.

Under normal circumstances applicants will be restricted to importing a single vehicle
                          and acceptable reasons will need to be provided to import another vehicle for rally
                          use.

Road vehicles for rally use are imported on the condition that they will only be used in the course of competition, practice associated with competition and transport to and
                          from a rally location.

The applicant is required to lodge with their application a statement that the vehicle
                          will only be used for rally purposes together with a copy of a current CAMS R3 or
                          higher grade licence. Approvals for the importation of rally vehicles will only be
                          issued to applicants having a demonstrated involvement in rally sport where
                          supporting evidence may be requested by way of vehicle log books, programs of
                          events entered, supplementary regulations for those events, results, etc.

Closed Circuit Racing

Eligible road vehicles for closed circuit racing are those homologated by the
                          Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA).

Under normal circumstances applicants will be restricted to importing a single vehicle
                          and acceptable reasons will need to be provided to import another vehicle for closed
                          circuit racing.

Road vehicles for closed circuit racing usage are imported on the condition that they
                          will only be used for this purpose and will not be used on public roads or be offered
                          for sale for use on public roads.
                          The applicant is required to lodge with their application a statement that the vehicle will only be used for closed circuit racing purposes together with a copy of a current CAMS C3 or higher grade licence. Approvals for the importation of closed circuit racing vehicles will only be issued to applicants having a demonstrated involvement in the sport where supporting evidence may be requested by way of vehicle log books, programs of events entered, supplementary regulations for those events, results, etc.

IN ESSENCE, IF YOU CAN'T SUBSTANTIATE ALL THE ABOVE, YOU CAN NOT IMPORT A CAR FOR RACE/RALLY PURPOSES.

Accordingly, we will only be able to source a car for you if you can provide documentation as above, AND are prepared to give us a substantial deposit before the vehicle leaves Japan.
                          </snip>
                          http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

There's a CW DB8R for sale in SA it's on car sales...
                            Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

hey guys
                              not trying to steal thread but im trying to find a DC2 ITR aswell!!!
                              WHITE with RED recaros with low KMS
                              anyone know anyone selling !!>?
                              cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X