What Headers for DC5 Type S?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Headers for DC5 Type S?

Hey guys, I've been looking around for headers and stuck in a dilemma to choose which header. My initial plan was to get Toda as everyone say they are the best etc. I then found another few cheaper alternative such as the tegiwa replica and J's racing headers.

Toda headers go for almost 1.5k delivered while Tegiwa about 700 delivered. There is a person selling a J's racing on forums atm but I cant seem to find much reviews about them. Anyone have any experience with tegiwa or J's racing headers? and how do they compare to Toda.

Oh and one more thing, I can buy the Tegiwa and Toda headers brand new but they dont come with a CAT so what place would be a good to go to get a CAT installed and roughly how much would this cost?

try look for 2nd hand toda headers.. unless you got the paper to spend then go brand new

Comment

Been looking around for 2nd hand Toda headers but they are quite hard to find and they still go for around 1.2k?

Comment

Toda headers new are around the $1800 you can also purchase their high flow cat for another $600. I personally would go with js racing headera over tegiwa.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
          Toda headers new are around the $1800 you can also purchase their high flow cat for another $600. I personally would go with js racing headera over tegiwa.
          RHDjapan sells Toda headers without cat for about $1447 delivered unless I found the wrong one >.>. I'm quite tempted for the J's Racing header but need more reviews about them (can't find much). As for tegiwa they are less than 650 brand new but without cat.
          Last edited by LiteX; 14-09-13, 11:51 AM.

Comment

I run tegiwa 4-2-1 headers, got my own 100cel high flow cat welded on. I reckon they are bang for buck. Have you looked into PLM?
            Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
              I run tegiwa 4-2-1 headers, got my own 100cel high flow cat welded on. I reckon they are bang for buck. Have you looked into PLM?
              how are they compared to Toda? not really interested in PLM.

Comment

Originally posted by LiteX View Post
                RHDjapan sells Toda headers without cat for about $1447 delivered unless I found the wrong one >.>. I'm quite tempted for the J's Racing header but need more reviews about them (can't find much). As for tegiwa they are less than 650 brand new but without cat.
                its actually $1500 shipped but then you have to pay taxes on it and everything as its over $1000
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiteX View Post
                  how are they compared to Toda? not really interested in PLM.
                  Feel the same as toda to me tbh, Marcus or Chris from jdm accessories can hook you up with them

Comment

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
                    How much would it cost to get a cat welded in? and sorry for noob question but what does 100cel mean?

Comment

$280-300 to get one welded on. A cat which is short for catalytic converter filters out harmful gases the motor produces which may hurt the environment. A 100 cel high flow version is one that filters out less gases so that more air more flow can get through.

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
                        its actually $1500 shipped but then you have to pay taxes on it and everything as its over $1000
                        I thought that was only for items coming from the US bro :/
                        I'm pretty sure tax is excluded for items coming from other countries. Correct me though...
                        Project TOPLESS

Comment

Originally posted by lolwtfhai View Post
                          I thought that was only for items coming from the US bro :/
                          I'm pretty sure tax is excluded for items coming from other countries. Correct me though...
                          Im pretty sure anything that comes into australia no matter where its from if over $1000 you have to pay tax from what ive read

edit: http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5549.asp here you go
                          sigpic

Comment

Haha okayy!
                            Project TOPLESS

Comment

How exactly is a cat welded onto the header? do they cut a part of the header to fit or do they just attach it before the b pipe?

Comment

Working...
                              X