My upcoming 2nd mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My upcoming 2nd mod

Thanks to a fellow clubitr member ive gained myself a cf bonnet as my first mod that ive done to my dc5.

My next mod will be the RRC Manifold. Just a question though. If i buy it will i require anything else? Or its just that and i will simply get my mechanic to install it in.

Thanks.

P.s i love how parts are easily retrieved within the family here. Very happy.
    "The Power of Dreams" - Honda

Get wheels first, my advice, sacked on stockies with -2.5 camber all round not ideal
    BNR34 Build [SOLD]
    APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
    Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
    NSEX

Comment

From memory the RRC needs to be modified to fit but if you're giving it to your mech anything can fit technically.

As a second mod, I probably wouldn't recommend it. Most people get an intake manifold with a tune or exhaust etc.

If you want something similar, probably look at an intake like Injen or GruppeM. At least it'll sound nicer and be easier to install.

Comment

Matt is got wongy's old car i believe. So it already has a gruppe m, toda headers, rm01a exhaust and zeals. So all the basic mods are done. I'd go with some nice set of wheels. I am not to sure about a rrc but i know with a rbc you will need a hondata manifold gasket or something similar and a tb adapter. You will not feel the full gains of the rrc until you get a aftermarket ecu and a tune.
        Last edited by Hau; 01-09-13, 03:22 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
          Matt is got wongy's old car i believe. Sonit already has a gruppe m, toda headers, rm01a exhaust and zeals. So all the basic mods are done. I'd go with some nice set of wheels. I am not to sure about a rrc but i know with a rbc you will need a hondata manifold gasket or something similar and a tb adapter. You will not feel the full gains of the rrc until you get a aftermarket ecu and a tune.
          Very important ^^^^^^
          Have a read of my build thread

Comment

RRC needs part of the manifold grinded off to fit. Also it does not have a IAVC opening and needs to either be grinded in with a throttle body gasket opening to make it work. In addition it has an additional hole on the manifold for the map sensor and of you decide to use the tb's map sensor you will need to completely block that off. Keep on mind that our opening entry bore needs to match your throttle body if not there will be turbulence.

Comment

Originally posted by wongy View Post
              Get wheels first, my advice, sacked on stockies with -2.5 camber all round not ideal
              Do i have to get exactly 17x9+22?
              very hard to find

Comment

Originally posted by JAYSUN. View Post
                Do i have to get exactly 17x9+22?
                very hard to find
                Get the size that you like. Doesn't HAVE to be 17x9+22.
                > http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...894#post254894

Comment

Got my new sets of wheels today. Rpf1s. The right specs im looking for too.
                  So..now do i go for the rrc? Since i got the basic mods already of i/e/h etc.

Comment

Intake manifold needs tune to run properly so factor a kpro into that too
                    1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                    1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                    F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                      Intake manifold needs tune to run properly so factor a kpro into that too
                      So..do i have to save for both and get both at the same time? O.o

Comment

Working...
                      X