Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think would be the most collectable Honda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crashprash View Post
    Midori green EG with stanced out hellaflush wheels, dumped on its ass.

/troll :P
    Lol!

For me, NA1 NSX-R

Comment

sorry all - i think i win
      ... retired/

Comment

nsx-r

Comment

nsx-r

fuark other than nsx, uh i think jdm dc2r is a good one

Comment

Do you mean a collectable Honda that could be found in Australia? Collectability depends on the person willing to pay, are you thinking of something as an investment? or just to have something a bit different to everyone else? I would love a City Turbo with the optional Motocompo scooter that folds up and goes in the back. A mint condition S600 or S800 would be good for me too. If I had the money I would want an NSX, but would drive it everywhere, not keep it hidden. Cheers, Chris

Comment

Eg6 yo!!!
              CIU

Comment

S500 - only only 1363 built and I bet there aren't many left. They were actually the first Honda car built and were the predecessor to the S600 and S800

Re collect-ability, I sold my yellow S800 convertible in '89 to a Japanese gentleman who paid 23,000 for it as it was completely stock and had no rust and was wearing its original paint. Call me when any of the above cars have appreciated that much He took it back to Japan.

In Japan, the '74 Civic RS1200 are a decent collectable (especially as Shaken inspections become progressively harder for older cars to pass) as are some of the quirkier Hondas. The RS1200 was JDM only, ran twin-carbs, cam and extractors, had a tachometer and was 75bhp as opposed to the standard Civic's 55bhp. It also ran a 5 speed and optional LSD.

Coupe 7 and Coupe 9s have disappeared which is a pity:

Aircooled Z360s (Zot) are like hen's teeth but the cool factor is awesome - to the extent that a guy in the UK put a Hayabusa motor in one

(Not this one).

Dont forget awesomeness like their mini trucks, I give you the T500

and... T360 Snow Crawler version

Toss into the mix the L700

and N360

and you have a lot of cars that have all but disappeared off our roads.

Other collectables would be a full Mugen '70s Civic (they used to be raced in full widebody trim in Japan - look them up, they look awesome, a Bulldog City Turbo 2 (most of the widebodied ones were destroyed in a factory collapse, they had been bought to come to Australia in a one-marque race format)

Most collectable: Sochiro Honda's Hannamatsu that he wrote off in 1935 Picture below, car on left, Sochiro wearing sunnies

He hand-built the car while an apprentice at Art Shokai and used hand made parts and an old aircraft engine to power it.

Alternatively, the Art Curtis in which he raced as the riding engineer and won the fifth Japan Motor Car Championship on November 23, 1924 - but you can't collect that because Honda have that in their museum

Sochiro is in the middle

I don't know that the modern Hondas are that collectable, the NSX maybe, but maybe not. The old stuff that has all but disappeared - much more likely.

My money would be on the Hannamatsu... if it still existed
                Last edited by Setanta; 02-08-13, 08:41 PM.
                1988 CRX
                1999 Integra Type R
                2020 Civic Type R

Comment

I so want that civic!
                  Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                  Flickr
                  my car blog - Have a read
                  my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Fantastic post Peter. Thanks for sharing. Love reading Honda'a history and checking out the old cars.
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Just going to add a few more as finding them on the net is hard...

L-R: Aircooled N360, S800, Mugen widebody R3 Civic (approx 140bhp, dry sump, quad-carb)

RS 1200 (note tach, pods for fuel/temp guages, indicators under bumper, twin-carb (Kei-hin or Mikuni, I can't remember which only that the Mugen ran quad kei-hins)

1988 CRX
                      1999 Integra Type R
                      2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Epic post Setanta
                        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Jackson Racing took the Mugen Kit and used it on their IMSA cars:

In case you are wondering, the exhaust does come out the front of the car and then under the body. Made by Bassini, they were a 4-1 design - I had a set for a while, imported from the US.

I'd definitely rate the RS and the widebody as collectable - if only I could find the footage of widebodies racing against Datto 1200s in Japan

Not the Widebodies, but recent historic racing including an RS modified to 150PS:

http://www.superstreetonline.com/eve...y/viewall.html
                          Last edited by Setanta; 02-08-13, 09:19 PM.
                          1988 CRX
                          1999 Integra Type R
                          2020 Civic Type R

Comment

totally OT, but this wheeler-dealers has an episode where you see a Zot

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/2013...goes-to-japan/
                            1988 CRX
                            1999 Integra Type R
                            2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Working...
                            X