DC2R Engine Rebuild Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R Engine Rebuild Help!!!

Hey guys, I'm looking to rebuild my dc2r engine. My mechanic has given me a price for the labour but I have to supplies all the parts. Does anyone know where I could get everything needed for an OEM built apart from Honda. If anyone knows any shops of a different brand name that you have used before and feedback on it would be great too thanks.

Depending on what you have planned for your rebuild will determine what parts will be required. I can supply OEM & aftermarket pistons, rods, rings, bearings etc but I will need bearing & bore measurements before anything can be ordered
    Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
    Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
    Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

It will be an OEM built mate so standard size for everything. However I would prefer higher than standard piston rings and head gasket. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lil_sprinter View Post
        It will be an OEM built mate so standard size for everything. However I would prefer higher than standard piston rings and head gasket. Cheers
        higher?

Comment

"better?"

but no idea what lil_sprinter wants out of this build?

why are you reuilding the engine?

what is wrong with it?

will you re-use the pistons?
          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by lil_sprinter View Post
            Hey guys, I'm looking to rebuild my dc2r engine. My mechanic has given me a price for the labour but I have to supplies all the parts. Does anyone know where I could get everything needed for an OEM built apart from Honda. If anyone knows any shops of a different brand name that you have used before and feedback on it would be great too thanks.
            your mech needs to tell you what bearings to buy
            he should be measuring up everything first before telling you to buy parts.

Comment

Sorry if I was unclear, the motor is getting old 205000km and blowing a bit of smoke on vtec and burning alot of oil. I'm planning to hit the track so want a reliable motor. I'm not a mechanic so don't know much about engine rebuilt lol. All I want is good quality japanese parts for the rebuilt.

Comment

Quality Japanese parts come at a price. High quality American parts are the way to go. As Oscar has said, you will need measurements for main & rod bearings, along with bore measurements before you can order anything, as you may need to go to .5 or 1mm oversize pistons and .25 or .5 oversize bearings

Comment

Thanks for all your feedback and advice guys. I found another engine builder that will supply the parts and build it for me. cheers

Comment

Would be handy if you update on progress as to what it cost and the end result. I too have to look at rebuilding mine, so interested in the costs associated, and more importantly the quality of the end product. Cheers, Chris

Comment

Originally posted by sleepingperformance View Post
                      Quality Japanese parts come at a price. High quality American parts are the way to go. As Oscar has said, you will need measurements for main & rod bearings, along with bore measurements before you can order anything, as you may need to go to .5 or 1mm oversize pistons and .25 or .5 oversize bearings
                      Just one more quick question, If i decide/need to go 81.5mm over size piston then do I need to go to .5mm bearing as well? Sorry if this is a noob question.

Comment

You will need to go to .25 or .5 oversize bearings anyway as you will need to linish the crank

Comment

but to clarify,

the size of over-size pistons have no direct relationship to the size of over-sized bearings required for the rebuild.

both requirements are directly dependent on the amount of damage that you are trying to fix to the cylinder bores and crankshaft journals respectively...

and lil_sprinter - since you have not properly diagnosed your engine - you still dont know if it is the head that is causing the smoke or the block that is causing the smoke...

if you are rebuilding the bottom-end - you also need to factor in rebuilding the head.
                          ... retired/

Comment

I think will go oversize bearing and piston just incase. Thanks guys cheers.

Comment

Working...
                            X