Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver's side carpets wet?

Hey all,

Right underneath my pedals on the driver's side of my car I've noticed on cold mornings when the car is covered in condensation, or if I go out to my car after it's been raining all night the carpets are wet. What is causing this problem and how can it be fixed?

What car?
    Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
    http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Maybe small hole in firewall?
      BNR34 Build [SOLD]
      APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
      Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
      NSEX

Comment

moved to general automotive.
        ... retired/

Comment

There's a pipe on your heater core that may have come loose
          Have a read of my build thread

Comment

What car is it?

Sounds like your windscreen may not be sealed properly.

Also check that your brake & clutch master cylinders are not leaking
            Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
            Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
            Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
            Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Im in the same boat. After going to the drags, waters coming from some were on the driver side . Yet it wont come in while hosing it. Driving me nuts.
              Id start by removing the driver seat. Lie down get comfy and get some one to hose the car in sections to try and identify were its coming from
              sigpic
              128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Sorry guys it's a DC5. Thanks for the tips I'll check it out when I got time!

Comment

Did you find out what it was?!

Comment

I haven't had the time lately to investigate with the new job and Tafe semester starting :/

Comment

I had a similar problem in my FD Civic. Damn vapour seal on the drivers door let go. Took it to the dealer and they fixed it under warranty. Had water running into the footwell and under the seat as well!

Not sure if it's the same issue in your DC, but take a look anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X