Rattling inside muffler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rattling inside muffler?

Hey guys, I've recently notice a weird rattling noise coming from my exhaust.
    When I drive I can't hear it, but others have heard my car and say that there's something rattling inside my exhaust.
    When I stop and just let it idle I can hear the rattling, it's not loud, but it's noticeable.. The exhaust itself still feels firm and solid, maybe a bit weaker than before.
    Any idea what it could be? My exhaust is a Fujitsubo Powergetter btw
    S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

I've had this happen on my car before. One of the hangers could have broken off and some random pieces of metal could be rattling around in the exhaust. Also the axle back may be rubbing against the rear swaybar.
    Shak's S2000

Comment

Any work recently done on exhaust or nearby suspension components like sway bars? Could be rattling from them. Off chance that something could have been dropped down your pipes too if work done recently.

Try look at your exhaust hangers too. Torn ones can lead to more vibration. If you can, get a recording of the noise
      Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

I had this issue mate.

For me was one of my rubber hangers had degraded over time and caused the rattle. I straped it up till I bought another one.

So like the other guys said is correct.

Hope you find it!
        Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

Your resonator may have collapsed as well, this happened to me on my old car. Just had to cut it out and replaced it.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I haven't done any suspension mods it just seemed to occur over time

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
            Your resonator may have collapsed as well, this happened to me on my old car. Just had to cut it out and replaced it.
            Thanks Matt, could I ask how much that costed you to replace? And do you think it is that bad that I should replace ASAP?
            S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Can't quite remember but shouldn't be more than a couple of hundred depending what you do and how expensive your piping is. (Straight pipe / resonator etc)

Doubt it'll affect much, just depends how much it annoys you.

Comment

Working...
              X