Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
    annnd this reminds me of a simialr scenario;

when you are behind a car that is indicating to turn left into a driveway, if you have to pass them , give extra room on their right in case they feel the need to do the little skandi flick out-then-in to get a good angle...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_flick

also - if YOU do this going into your driveway, please reconsider the need to do it...
    The flick would make it harder for me to get in my driveway since I need to approach it at a 45 degree angle or less
    Last edited by fr4n; 29-05-13, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Also regarding turning right as in the diagram above, always leave your wheels pointing straight ahead untill the oncoming traffic has cleared and your ready to complete the turn. This will prevent you being shunted into the oncoming traffic should someone rear end while your stopped.
      02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
        Also regarding turning right as in the diagram above, always leave your wheels pointing straight ahead untill the oncoming traffic has cleared and your ready to complete the turn. This will prevent you being shunted into the oncoming traffic should someone rear end while your stopped.
        Such a clever tip
        Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

One thing in regards to the driver training mentioned above, my dad always told me to "drive the car, don't let the car drive you". I think this is very important, you need to understand how the cat behaves in different circumstances and be in as much control possible of the car at all times, position the car on the road where you want it to be etc. it's a pretty vague tip but it relates to a lot of what's been talked about above.

In regards to common sense, "general awareness" is something people seem to lack, just think about what's happening around you, eg don't try and pass a cyclist if they are about to maneuver around a parked car in front of you, just wait a few seconds and pass them after they have gone around the car. Pretty badly written example but you get the idea. Remember you are not only driving for yourself but for everyone else around you. This also relates to patience, people rush and panic too much when they drive, and that's when you start to disregard the basics and loose control of what's happening around you, if you find yourself rushing to work every morning, don't be lazy just get up 10mins earlier!!! Lol

A lot of people are just lazy/selfish when they drive and don't think about other people which I think is the biggest problem.

Last thing, if you have kids and are teaching them to drive, make them do all the hours for gods sake!!! Make them take regular lessons and iron out bad habits as soon as possible. Your "Learner Permit" sets you up to be a good/safe driver, it offends me that people cheat on the amount of hours they do because driving isn't a matter of a difference between an "A" or a "B" on and exam, there's a possibility of it being a life or death situation. As Tom said Cars by definition are dangerous, we should do everything we can to limit that danger. So much more to talk about like drink driving etc but don't want to keep ranting lol just use the big squishy thing between your ears and think about other people, simple sorry to get all preachy, life lesson on everyone but I'm sure many of you agree!

Comment

Respect other road users.

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
              THIS. I do this at every right hand turn that i have to wait for traffic, especially in large intersections.

Comment

Working...
              X