[QLD] Help with purchasing a DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QLD] Help with purchasing a DC5R

Hey guys, Im new to this forum and I would like some help in purchasing a new DC5R. Here's my situation:

Im from VIC and there is a white DC5R in QLD that I am interested in purchasing. The thing is I dont know what kind of condition the car is currently in. I will link the car underneath.

Is it possible for anyone in QLD to check out the car for me and give me some feed back on the car's condition ? Would really appreciate it if someone could help me with that.

Here is the link.
    http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...ort=LastUpdate

Yours sincerely.

Hi I doubt you will get anyone from a forum who will look on your behalf. Your best bet is to use those interstate inspectors, I think they charge 2 or 3 hundred dollars but at least you will know it is being inspected by qualified mechanic. Some will take photos of damages/wear and send them to you.

Regarding that particular car I think it has been resprayed Lexus white. Not sure why it's not in the description now but it does raise questions on why it was resprayed and why is seller not disclosing it.

Comment

The car isn't lexus white its just normal stock championship white, its been up on carsales for some time now, seen it a few times at sunnybank looks decent condition.

Comment

I see, I confused it with another Type R for sale without the wing which is sprayed Lexus white.

Comment

AH you mean the one with the non-type r rearlights?

Comment

Its type r in the ad but he said genuine type r wing? Makes me question is it genuine type r =/
            BNR34 Build [SOLD]
            APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
            Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
            NSEX

Comment

You guys are killing me ! Do you reckon its a genuine type r ? I cant see the difference in the "taillights"

Comment

That car looks pretty dirty, and maybe it's just the white balance on the photos but that doesn't even look like Championship White.

Originally posted by tyk View Post
                Hi I doubt you will get anyone from a forum who will look on your behalf. Your best bet is to use those interstate inspectors, I think they charge 2 or 3 hundred dollars but at least you will know it is being inspected by qualified mechanic. Some will take photos of damages/wear and send them to you.
                I've looked at cars for forum members interstate a couple of times.

Comment

MY brother is selling his DC5R, The NAB055. But it sucks that you're all the way at Melbourne! If you want to check it out here is the link.. http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...k&sort=default.
                  Brother of Stephen Carroll, Brisbane.

-Michael Carroll.

Comment

Working...
                  X