DC5 - How to replace rear engine mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 - How to replace rear engine mount

I bought some Hasports... anyone able to help me with the rear mount?
    Last edited by felixR; 18-04-13, 10:12 PM.

You need to drop the down pipe to be able to get to the rear mount. Use a loooong extension with from memory a 12mm socket on the end. If you have trouble getting the bolt to line up through the middle of the mount raise the jack/loosen the other mounts.
    My Dc5s thread

Comment

Originally posted by DanR View Post
      You need to drop the down pipe to be able to get to the rear mount. Use a loooong extension with from memory a 12mm socket on the end. If you have trouble getting the bolt to line up through the middle of the mount raise the jack/loosen the other mounts.
      Ive done my engines mounts before, I didnt have to drop the down pipe or any pipe to get access to the rear mounts. Just jack up your car. You will need to put the car on jack stands. Use the car jack with something like a yellow page book and raise the jack up slowly to support the engine while you take on out at a time. I found the rear mount to be quite easy. The front mount was a bit of a pain but got there in the end. Just need some elbow grease to loosen the bolts. A friend or two will come in handy.
      Last edited by felixR; 18-04-13, 10:12 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
        Ive done my engines mounts before, I didnt have to drop the down pipe or any pipe to get access to the rear mounts. Just jack up your car. You will need to put the car on jack stands. Use the car jack with something like a yellow page book and raise the jack up slowly to support the engine while you take on out at a time. I found the rear mount to be quite easy. The front mount was a bit of a pain but got there in the end. Just need some elbow grease to loosen the bolts. A friend or two will come in handy.
        I've done mounts before too with just a set if stands and a hydraulic jack. And....wd40, lots of wd40. Might use my impact wrench next time.
        Last edited by felixR; 18-04-13, 10:13 PM.
        Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Haha I mean I want a friend to help with the rear mount, guys :P

But yeah, I did my drivers side and passenger side. Omgwtf such a difference! It feels like a racecar now :P

I should have gone harder in rating.

Comment

You might find this illuminating: LINK

Comment

Working...
            X