No announcement yet.

Civic Type R to return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first of Honda’s anticipated Civic Type Rs have rolled off its UK production line, with the Japanese carmaker exclaiming “they R here!”.

Three units have been paraded for onlookers surrounded by staff at Honda’s Swindon facility, with one each in red, white and blue to symbolise Great Britain.

Earlier this year, Honda announced the UK plant would be the “global production hub” for the Type R. The Swindon facility is quite accustomed to building Civics, having bolted them together for more than 20 years.

Read more

Comment

| 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Underneath the new Type R. Quite amazing.

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/blog/un...-civic-type-r/
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Honda Civic Type R vs CBR1000RR Fireblade SP

Bike so fast!
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
            Honda Civic Type R vs CBR1000RR Fireblade SP

Bike so fast!
            There aren't a whole lot of feelings that beat wide open throttle on a 1000cc super sport. Well not that I've found so far

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

I spoke with a service rep at Honda the other week and he told me that the FK2R is indeed coming to Australia, it was either late 2016-2017 though.
              1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Always thought more recent Honda designs look too bloated and tacky, and this one as no exception to me in my visual opinion.

These overloaded and jarring aerodynamic wings, flares and vents might appear cool to some for now, but I don't think will age well (think focus RS). I think Honda has really lost their ability to design cars with iconic looking shapes and proportions and rely too much on trim enhancements. When you strip down all the small design features and characteristics, the civic is just shaped like a nugget and the nsx is shaped no different from most other independently designed mid-engine car with safe lines and derived shapes.

I'm sure the mechanicals are great though.
                Last edited by Tael; 27-09-15, 09:32 PM.

Comment

I agree, not a fan of how the new FK2R looks. Way too much going on with its exterior.

Comment

"As much as we would love to have it, unfortunately we won't get this Civic Type R," said Honda Australia director Stephen Collins.

Oh Honda Australia.

Source
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Honda Australia fails to deliver. Not exactly surprised...

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                        "As much as we would love to have it, unfortunately we won't get this Civic Type R," said Honda Australia director Stephen Collins.

Oh Honda Australia.

Source
                        We may still be getting the 10th gen.

Comment

Just buy the Renault, lol.

Comment

That's what I did.

Comment

Would like to see both compared with the same tyres.

Not surprised that the new CTR isn't coming to Australia.

Comment

we'll get the tenth gen or there will be riots !

The FK2 was never going to land here, even Japan only receives 750 units mainly as development for the new Powertrain/drivetrain platform.
                                Gaijin-Garage.com 外人 ガレージ SPOON SPORTS AUTHORISED DEALER

Comment

Working...
                                X