Tips for lowering DC5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
    it drops because its sits different on the hub, the actual RIM is larger not the rim/tyre so it does sit higher on the Hub and higher off ground. Rotating diameter remains same.

The stud pattern is further from edge of rim thus making it sit higher.
    picture a car on hoists. when a car is being lowered by adjusting coilover height, typically the length of the strut body shortens, bringing the hub/kunckle assembly up closer toward the chassis of the car. Also contributing to ride height is the actual radius of the wheel/tire itself, which is a straight line running from the edge of the tire, perpendicular to the "ground"; straight to the hub/knuckle bolting interface (the geometric centre of the wheel face). This distance should always remain as close to oem as possible. So long as that condition is met, ride height is completely independant of what size "rim", because you should be choosing the correct profile tire to compensate for the reduced radius of the wheel.
    Last edited by fr4n; 23-01-13, 06:22 PM.

Comment

lowest point is my front lip @ 135mm and i dont think mine looks like a 4wd.
      My front lip is probably around that, however is not the lowest point and thus were my problem lie. Like ive said the exhaust is sitting too low. Maybe it needs to be adjusted slightly, could be possible that its hanging lower than standard?Ill look into this. I just think it looks to high atm. Might take some photos and post and see what people think.Could be me just being too picky. Maybe putting 17s back on will satisfy me not too sure, but according to a close friend who has been at pedders for a few decades, plus online wheel calculators, once you go up a size in rim, the height will increase approx. 10mm. even though you go down a profile in tyre, it doesnt completely compensate. Either way this isnt the argument at the moment. Id just like some tips on how to look aggresive/low without being illegal, although it is becoming apparent that this maybe impossible and i may just have to be illegal

Comment

If you tires have increase you ride height by 10 mm. Just lower your springs by 10 mm more to compensate. The larger wheel and tire will fill out the wheel well more giving a better look!

As for the exhaust. Just have a look to see if there room for it to be lifted.

Now that you cleared the defect. Just lower it again!
        sigpic
        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Now that you cleared the defect. Just lower it again!
          Thats pretty much my best bet haha. And I dont mind having to go to vic roads again to clear a future defect some time down the track, as annoying as that can be. However, will excessive defects for the same issue get me into more trouble? Will they eventually make me get a roadworthy or something worse? Like i said, clearing the defect isnt hard, but if the punishment gets worse then that might be an issue.
          Has anyone else been defected multiple times for height?

Comment

Working...
          X