Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking my DC5R's virginity (modifying hehe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks and will do benson, you just answered the question I had on my members diary haha, so keen to start working it.
    Last edited by akira; 06-09-12, 02:04 PM.

Comment

My first mod was engine mounts and it was probably the wisest choice i made. Turns out one of my miunts were broken. My personal opinion would be mounts first. They are probably one of the best mods you can do. Most of the guys here would recommend mounts first too before the stock ones break.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
        My first mod was engine mounts and it was probably the wisest choice i made. Turns out one of my miunts were broken. My personal opinion would be mounts first. They are probably one of the best mods you can do. Most of the guys here would recommend mounts first too before the stock ones break.
        +1, btw, your major money will be with the install unless you DIY it, it's pretty easy to do
        1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
        1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
        2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
        F1 Nut

Comment

I never had a problem with stock mounts and only changed them because of extractors but I have had problems with after market mounts.

If you don't abuse the car, (drop the clutch, doing burn outs) your stock
          mounts should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
            I never had a problem with stock mounts and only changed them because of extractors but I have had problems with after market mounts.

If you don't abuse the car, (drop the clutch, doing burn outs) your stock
            mounts should be fine.
            That is true. But also hitting vtec can also put stress on your mounts. ive never done a burnout, i literally dont even know how to do one. i also dont dumb the clutch as that also wears out your clutch. everyone has different opinions and experience. At the end of the day its really the OP's choice whether they get mounts first or other mods first. Also what type of mods you do depends on youe budget and what youre trying to go for, that is looks or performance.
            sigpic

Comment

I really don't think getting new mounts are going to change your Drivung experience as your first mod

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                I really don't think getting new mounts are going to change your Drivung experience as your first mod
                If they aren't fucked then I concur with this. Going from shagged mounts to better/stiffer ones is amazing.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by justinfox
                You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Haha wow, i think im just going to get coilovers intake and mounts in one hit, so many different opinions :P, i've got brands for mounts and an intake in mind, just need one regarding coilovers? Also where can i order the gruppe M intake from?
                  Last edited by akira; 08-09-12, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Personally, i wouldnt buy a gruppem intake brand new ... So expensive for what it is. Even second hand its still so pricey ... having said that, it's also very awesome lol. Look around the parts for sale forum, I think I saw a few for sale.

Comment

ill keep that in mind, thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X