No announcement yet.

Hasport Drivers Side Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bad guys it wasn't the driver side mount it was the passenger side( tranny mount). Lurking clubrsx too much got me thinking my dc5 is left wheel drive lol. driver side was easy

Glad to see it wasn't just me having problems.
    Last edited by p33r; 02-04-12, 10:04 PM.

Comment

^ Did you guys loosen the bracket in place? Because aftermarket mounts (besides mugen and j's) is much thicker, the bolt is longer, therefore there is not enough gap to slip the bolt in which means you need to loosen the bracket so it moves and gets the bolt in. Besides that ... I still cannot see how you threaded the bolt unless you tried to force it in without moving that bracket.

Comment

Yes, loosen the bracket in place, still a night mare lol
        We didn't thread a bolt though :S

Comment

Did loosen the bracket, still didn't line up. Dont really remember but I think I just got impatient n tried to force it in after hrs of trying to make it line up. Then I threaded it lol. Thank bunnings for replacements.

Next time if I upgrade mounts and have troubles maybe u guys can help and I will shout yous pho or something

Comment

Did the passenger yesterday courtesy of my friends workshop.
            Probably is the worse mount, have the hoist makes it fairly easier but still yeah...

Changing a DC5 thermostat is a disaster lol. But will leave this topic for another day lol.

Comment

I found that loosening the gearbox bracket on the passenger mount made it very easy. mounted to bracket to the mount first, and then the mount to the gearbox before jacking up the side again to tighten up the bracket.
              Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
              Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
              Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

Originally posted by munkaii View Post
                I found that loosening the gearbox bracket on the passenger mount made it very easy. mounted to bracket to the mount first, and then the mount to the gearbox before jacking up the side again to tighten up the bracket.
                That sounds about right. Only problem is its easier said than done because of the length of the Hasport bolt (bottom bolt closest to the cabin). Its impossible to fit unless you play around with the bracket and mount off the car, placing the bolt into the mount first before thinking of positioning the entire assembly back on the car.
                eckoflyte

Comment

I loathe thinking about engine mount installs. It's good you guys have a go yourselves.

Tran-man, how come you haven't updated the ClubITR circuit times thread yet?
                  Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

lol dude is that thread even still alive? cordz ill give you a hand if u promise to give me a hand when i need help!
                    eckoflyte

Comment

Working...
                    X