Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hasport Drivers Side Mount

Hey guys,
    well me and a mate decided to do many things last night.
    We replaced my drivers side engine mount and transmission mounts as they were pretty straight forward BUT im having a knocking sound still like asif i have a broken mount?
    We went of the drivers side mount again, tightened up again (Hand-Tight) yet it still knocks like a mother ....
    By the way, a thanks to ChargeR as even at 8.30pm-9pm he still replied to my message as we just needed abit of information, you truly are a top bloke.
    Thank you

Photos for reference
    Really need some answers here guys.. Can't drive the car as it is, to annoying

Thank you
    Last edited by MYDC5R; 29-03-12, 08:40 AM.

Is it only prevalent during shifting? I'd be checking front and rear mounts. Rear mount is ta little tricky to check. Get someone to sit in the car whilst warm and rev it and watch for engine movement.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
    Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
    Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

Originally posted by munkaii View Post
      Is it only prevalent during shifting? I'd be checking front and rear mounts. Rear mount is ta little tricky to check. Get someone to sit in the car whilst warm and rev it and watch for engine movement.

No, this is present while just driving casually.
      So bumpy roads etc, there will be constant knocking coming from i'd say the drivers side of the car.
      I knew the drivers mount was gone, cause as you can see in the photos, you can see the fluids but it was warped to the shit house.

Engine Movement... There is none even while it's revving.. Very very minimal due to the 2 Hasport mounts being installed (Tranny and Drivers Mount)

I will be going over the mounts again this afternoon and im ordering a replacement front mount as we speak since Hasport provides a rear mount.
      Yet to change the rear mount. Not sure if me and a mate are game enough to do it lol.

Just paid $220 for an OEM Drivers Front mount (Regardless if broken or not) Will have it by 2pm today
      Will have all 4 as new...
      Hopefully this fixes the issue but im hoping to here some answers from all of you if could.
      Last edited by MYDC5R; 29-03-12, 09:13 AM.

Comment

u very sure that its only the mount that's gone? have u checked ur exhaust rubber hanger or anything? can be ur exhaust knocking

Comment

have u checked ur coilovers too?

Comment

Check ball joints as well. Loose sway bars banging around? I had a clunking issue with my car and have determines it to be play in the ball joints. Is the car lowered at all?

Comment

yeah thats another thing, lower ball joints.

Comment

Okay.
                Update.
                i went to the mechanic as i was never going to be able to see it properly.
                Confirmed what you guys have said, front mount is broken.
                Thank god i ordered the new mount, will be picking it up this afternoon and hopefully fit it tonight.
                Thanks for your help guys.

Comment

Have fun fitting that front mount.

It's fairly basic, but it's just hard getting tools/hand/mounts in and out of the space you have to work with... but still easier then the rear mount.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                    Have fun fitting that front mount.

It's fairly basic, but it's just hard getting tools/hand/mounts in and out of the space you have to work with... but still easier then the rear mount.
                    Yeah i figured.. Looks bloody tight

Comment

glad u got it sorted out
                      well...almost. until u get it fitted hahahaha...

Comment

Let us all know how you go with the mount! My front mount is cracked as well but it is quite common on the DC5 (front and rear mounts).

I'd make sure you check all suspension components as well as you mentioned that the knocking is mainly on the driver side.

In regards to the knocking noise you get, do you notice it more when say the front tyre gets loaded or unloaded? (i.e. a big sized rise and fall on the road?). Do you notice any sort of lack of damping as well?

The symptoms I had were that as I entered driveways on an angle, the passenger side would dampen and go up softly whilst the driver side was very rough and clunked quite bad. As a result, you didn't feel any damping.

However, I jacked the car up and got a friend to move the tyre side to side and up and down (as you would when checking for bearing issues) and the ball joint was the one actually moving about.

Comment

Will do that. Will check the sussy components over while were doing the front mount but i think there okay as i had Suspension City check them over prior to my coilovers going in, but that was 6-12 months ago so it'd be worth me checking again.

If im on flat road mate, not a problem, there is no knocking, most likely due to the Hasport Drivers and tranny mount.
                          If it's bumpy, yes it will knock around and when i come to a stop slowly. Otherwise it's not to bad. The symptoms you've had i haven't had thankfully so im assuming the ball joints are okay but will check them tonight once my mate comes around.

Thank you for the advice once again, good community we have here.

Comment

I surprisingly found the rear mount the easiest. Just unbolted the front pipe, mount came out and new one in first go. Long bolt went through first go.

But the transmission mount is a bitch. So much fiddling around with the transmission bracket to get the furthest lower chassis bolt to fit in?!?

Did u guys have the same problem?
                            eckoflyte

Comment

Yup me n my mate had that problem lol
                              It went in though

Comment

Working...
                              X