Injen Hydrashield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injen Hydrashield

ay guys just to me a injen CAI and with all this rain we have had lately i also got an injen hydrashield... can anyone tell me if they work any good ? i mean i know if i try submerge my front end it will hydro but i wanna know if they do their job well

yeh i have one on my cai haven't had any problems with water getting in and ive driven in heavy rain. I still get nervous driving in bad weather though.

Comment

Originally posted by hondapower234 View Post
      yeh i have one on my cai haven't had any problems with water getting in and ive driven in heavy rain. I still get nervous driving in bad weather though.
      yea im keeping my stock airbox setup in car just in case shit gets hectic lol

Comment

i've been told a hydro shield doesn't do much so didn't get one, went through a puddle without knowing cuz it was raining really heavy so i didnt know there was a giant pool of water infront of me, so it locked, luckily i got to the other side b4 it locked xD waited awile b4 i started the car back up...shit weather
        BNR34 Build [SOLD]
        APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
        Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
        NSEX

Comment

I drove for a good hour in the heavy rain on Sunday night.
          Puddles everywhere and vehicles splashing me almost every 2 minutes..
          I also went through some deep flooded areas.

I have an INJEN CAI but with no hydroshield.. never had a problem without one and was told the hydroshield will make you sleep better at night, but not necessary.

Was also told it may restrict airflow?
          So I didn't bother and in the 2+ years I've had my INJEN, I've never had a problem with rain =]

Comment

don't drive through standing water that is deeper than 40cm is my method...

rain is not the issue.
            ... retired/

Comment

Yeah rain isn't the issue for me too, it's just the puddles that bother me.

Comment

I think to be on the safe side get one. My mates dc5s hydrolocked after running through some medium sized puddles.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

so if he did have a hydroshield you are saying that he would have not hydrolocked the engine when he drove through some medium sized puddles?

"water repellent" does not mean "water proof".

(BTW - bonus of DC2 is pod is on drivers side - not gutter side as in DC5)
                  Last edited by tinkerbell; 22-02-12, 09:32 AM.
                  ... retired/

Comment

even the Short Rams on dc5's you still get water. NO not enough for hydrolock LOL but when i removed my SRI i found dry watermarks and also when i did the gymkhana/wet skidpan there was all water around the pod and up in there due to no rain guard or whatever. On the dc5 looking through the engine bay you can pretty much see a lot of the floor.
                    S2000
                    WSID : TBA
                    Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                    Smooth As Detailing
                    Incar Racing

Comment

The sri will never really get submerged though.
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                        so if he did have a hydroshield you are saying that he would have not hydrolocked the engine when he drove through some medium sized puddles?

"water repellent" does not mean "water proof".

(BTW - bonus of DC2 is pod is on drivers side - not gutter side as in DC5)
                        unless k swap lol
                        k20A DC2R

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                          The sri will never really get submerged though.
                          thats what i said, wouldn't risk hyrdolock or anything. Gets washer splashed it
                          S2000
                          WSID : TBA
                          Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                          Smooth As Detailing
                          Incar Racing

Comment

for the sake of $55 i got it anyway.... just purely for peace of mind

Comment

that's OK, as it actually has more useful (and real) benefits than just water repellency...
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X