No announcement yet.

Car Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have both my FD Rx7 and DC5 luxury insured with Shannons.

Rx7 was agreed value of $50,000. They definitely do agreed value, they didn't even inspect my car. Just went by photos that I emailed in. (limited use)

2005 DC5 Luxury, it is 100% stock with 70k km's, that is insured for $26,620 (regular use)

Comment

Im considering taking my dc5 off full comp... Only a weekender, spends its time in pretty secure lockup garage. Cant really see the benfit of paying ($1100 full comp, $2600 excess) each year
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
        Im considering taking my dc5 off full comp... Only a weekender, spends its time in pretty secure lockup garage. Cant really see the benfit of paying ($1100 full comp, $2600 excess) each year
        lol all it takes it one accident or one accidental flood of your u/g garage and your f'd...leave it man trust me

Comment

obviosuly paul. no need to trust u on that. anyone knows that.
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

just gone 12 inncedent free months without any insurance on my dc5r,
            thats a sweet $1000 saved!
            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

The thing is even if third party insured. Some one hits you. They spin lies to there insurance company. Then its you verses a insurance company on there behalf..
              Not worth the problem.

Also as we all know the contance of our cars are highly stolen. So good piece of mind!
              sigpic
              128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                The thing is even if third party insured. Some one hits you. They spin lies to there insurance company. Then its you verses a insurance company on there behalf..
                Not worth the problem.

Also as we all know the contance of our cars are highly stolen. So good piece of mind!
                Thats why you do the smart thing, dont let them leave until a statement is written, signed and date the time of the accident.

And pictures are great too as these Assessors from each insurance company will be able to tell whose fault it was etc.

The stupid thing to do is to report to your insurance company because as far as Im concerned, in that situation its my word against theirs.
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Statement. What statement. Cops dont do nothing unless some ones injured or car isnt drivable afterwards. And people never admit to be at fault. Photos do help so they dont claim differ damage. But they can still decribe the accedent diffrently. Best bet is independent witnessess!! Not poeple in you own car.

Insurance makes it hassle free. I had a bike rider go into my car when he ran a red. I forced his info from him. And its my insurances problem to get the money out of him. Not mine. Also this is with my 1st car.
                  Last edited by Karl; 17-06-12, 12:52 AM.
                  sigpic
                  128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

A statement written by an individual, and the oter person signing and declaring the statement written is true.

Of course the police wont come to the majority of accidents.

Good on your insurance for chasin it up. Me i aik
                    To cover all bases and keave nothing to chance/someone else/hope.
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

yeah, i'd never recommend doing what i do to anyone,
                      but i live in a small country town, car is locked in my garage and is strictly a weekend warrior only driven by me, and i've done less than 1000kms in the last 12 months.
                      also my brother-in-law is an insurance broker, so if i need to take it out of town for a trip, he just does me up a cover note
                      02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Are the online quotes inaccurate? because they seem overpriced!

Comment

Working...
                        X