Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID lights

Just wanting to know how many of you boys are running the conversion
    And just what brand u got and if your happy with them?
    More then welcome to put up a few pics

I'm in for this too, give us your setups guys!!

Comment

i got my JDM Headlights sitting in the garage which are OEM HID... just gotta get around to installing them soon lol

Comment

Guys from Melbourne, contact Andrew from Xenon Xtreme. Top bloke and knows his stuff.

On my EP3 I have 6000k lowbeams and 3000k foggies.

Comment

MYDC5R, where did you source the JDM ones from and for how much? Do you also know if that is a legal conversion since its OEM? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Symphorced View Post
            Guys from Melbourne, contact Andrew from Xenon Xtreme. Top bloke and knows his stuff.

On my EP3 I have 6000k lowbeams and 3000k foggies.
            Minding sharing the price PM if you want, thanks mate

Comment

Originally posted by etherealfall View Post
              MYDC5R, where did you source the JDM ones from and for how much? Do you also know if that is a legal conversion since its OEM? Thanks!
              The last bit, i wouldn't be able to tell you. But if i ever have problems i will take it up with the cop at the time... Try get around it i suppose?
              From what i understand, the JDM Headlights give a nice crisp clean cut on the HID, they won't SPRAY everywhere like the AUDM headlights do...

I payed $450 delivered. Bought mine off a bloke in queensland as he obtained a half cut, check out import monster, seems to be some sets on there

Comment

Second that...Although there is a competitor located on the east side who sells them for 50 bucks ( cheaper than Andrew).

Comment

$50?? Lol who?

Comment

Originally posted by neil1112 View Post
                    Second that...Although there is a competitor located on the east side who sells them for 50 bucks ( cheaper than Andrew).
                    Are they any good?

Comment

So those of you who have gone through Andrew, whats the experience been like? Have the lights held up?

What are the legalalities with intalling HID lights, at what point does it become illegal in Melbourne.
                      Also, I've heard certain temperatures can burn the actual fitting because its too hot and bright, anyone experienced this?
                      Last edited by Peachy; 09-10-11, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peachy View Post
                        So those of you who have gone through Andrew, whats the experience been like? Have the lights held up?

What are the legalalities with intalling HID lights, at what point does it become illegal in Melbourne.
                        Also, I've heard certain temperatures can burn the actual fitting because its too hot and bright, anyone experienced this?
                        As soon as HID's are installed into a car without them being ADR approved makes them illegal, full stop.

Comment

Yup, learnt the hard way and got a defect for having HID in my dc5

Comment

Originally posted by FRDK20 View Post
                            Yup, learnt the hard way and got a defect for having HID in my dc5
                            First time I've ever heard someone get defected for HIDs. I've been epa and defected by a cop but not once have they ever questioned me about my 6k hids (touch wood lol).

You could say that it came stock with the car? I guess to be safe don't get colours that will attract cops or blind other drivers..e.g 8000k (completely blue)..I usually get 6000k as it half white and blue..

Comment

Originally posted by Peachy View Post

I had Andrew install HIDs in my previous car (ek) and had no problems what so ever. He knew his stuff and was really good as well. Check firesport.com.au for his contact details.

Comment

Working...
                              X