3rd gear crunch - advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
    Thanks for the explanation and the pictures! After your comments I am thinking I might just take it apart and have a look, and if it isn't salvageable without changing a heap of parts then I will just continue to double clutch it into fourth and see how far I get. Not too keen on wasting much more money on this B series driveline than I already have. If it was just a matter of replacing the basic stuff along with the 3-4 sleeve/hub then I might rebuild but from the sounds of things it could be a lot worse.
    Good luck with the refresh dude, hope it's just the 3-4 sleeve/hub set and synchros rings set you need, plus a few seals and bearings ( which most of them can be sourced cheaply from bearing shops ).
    Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

Originally posted by EG30 View Post
      Good luck with the refresh dude, hope it's just the 3-4 sleeve/hub set and synchros rings set you need, plus a few seals and bearings ( which most of them can be sourced cheaply from bearing shops ).
      remember the bearing prices on top of your head? oem honda is $40+ from US.
      if local suppliers selling for $50+ its better to buy local as long as they're good bearings (koyo, ntn etc)

Comment

Originally posted by hello View Post
        remember the bearing prices on top of your head? oem honda is $40+ from US.
        if local suppliers selling for $50+ its better to buy local as long as they're good bearings (koyo, ntn etc)
        I got mine thru a fren who bought in some other Honda geniune parts from Jp and cost me about $60 for the pair of diff side bearings. Local bearings shops about the same also about $65 for the pair for NTN bearings same as honda ones.
        Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

so im going to get the following :
          Xtreme Flywheel + 3.9kg flywheel for around the 500 mark. ( my cousin owns AutoPro Homebush so i got looked after with that)

repairs on the gbox:1300 mark

includes removing and installin the clutch n flywheel, the 3/4synchro replaced along with all the sleeves. He is also changed the gears, synchro hub master, bearings and fluids.

so all up should be under 2k and ill have a near new box with new clutch n flywheel.

opinions?

thanks fellas

Comment

Working...
          X