Car Vandals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Vandals

Hey guys my car got vandalised yesterday. Long story short there is gearbox oil all over my car. Will it damage the paint? It has recently been resrayed and was cleaned and waxed 2 weeks ago.
    The Gun Metal DC5R

fark! what state/area>

it will damage it if you let it sit take it off ASAP!

Comment

Yeah if you get it off immediately and maybe hit the car with a paint cleaner to take off anything left behind then wax it again it should be fine. At least it isn't brake fluid.

Comment

Sounds like a hell of a mess to clean up.

I didn't think oil would eat into the paint tho isn't it just a lubricant? I wouldnt expect it to be corrosive... (i'm probably wrong) either way i would want to clean it off asap

Comment

im no expert but from my understanding oil becomes acidic over time through heat, oxidising! etc

Comment

Originally posted by l__i__l View Post
            im no expert but from my understanding oil becomes acidic over time through heat, oxidising! etc
            Yeah if it was used oil there could be all sorts of nasties in it, and oil is slightly basic to start with I believe. It also acts as a solvent and it is never a good idea to have a solvent sitting on your paint when it wasn't designed to be there.

Comment

You just had your car resprayed and waxed up, think its someone with a grudge? What kind of car is it?

Quote:
              Originally Posted by justinfox
              You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Damn!

Comment

fark! what state/area>

it will damage it if you let it sit take it off ASAP!
                  Nsw Hosworthy

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                  Yeah if you get it off immediately and maybe hit the car with a paint cleaner to take off anything left behind then wax it again it should be fine. At least it isn't brake fluid.
                  Yea. I spent 2 hours with dishwashing liquid and a water pail getting most of it off.

Originally posted by Time View Post
                  Sounds like a hell of a mess to clean up.

I didn't think oil would eat into the paint tho isn't it just a lubricant? I wouldnt expect it to be corrosive... (i'm probably wrong) either way i would want to clean it off asap
                  Thats what I thought at first, lucky it was ony on the car for ike 30 mins max

Scary thought

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                  Yeah if it was used oil there could be all sorts of nasties in it, and oil is slightly basic to start with I believe. It also acts as a solvent and it is never a good idea to have a solvent sitting on your paint when it wasn't designed to be there.
                  Ty for info

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                  You just had your car resprayed and waxed up, think its someone with a grudge? What kind of car is it?
                  I own a DC5R which I repsrayed gun metal grey.

Story is I'm military. I am at Holsworthy army barracks staying in the accomodation. We have our own rooms, small shed [too small for a car] and undercover parking. I've been living there for like 6 months. No dramas. I have always been a friendly guy. I've never provoked anyone. Me and a my neighbours are cool with eachother. Last Thursday 11-aug at 1700hrs. I just finished cleaning my car. I put a car cover on it and went to the mess. Came back around 1730 and saw my cover on the floor. Upon closer inspection I saw gearbox oil all over my car.I know it was gearbox oil cause the rat motherfucker took it from my shed. Its Motul FF lsd gearbox oil. Pretty dear I recall and poured one litre all over it. Spent ages cleaning it off. Told the MP's
                  I have a suspicion about people. But its just a hunch. Need something more substansive. Gonna put up a $300 reward for info leading to the capture of this rat.
                  The Gun Metal DC5R

Comment

best of luck finding the guy mate.

Comment

yeah good luck man..
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Find him and shoot him!!!
                        sigpic
                        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by DakDak View Post
                          Nsw Hosworthy

Yea. I spent 2 hours with dishwashing liquid and a water pail getting most of it off.

Thats what I thought at first, lucky it was ony on the car for ike 30 mins max

Scary thought

Ty for info

I own a DC5R which I repsrayed gun metal grey.

Story is I'm military. I am at Holsworthy army barracks staying in the accomodation. We have our own rooms, small shed [too small for a car] and undercover parking. I've been living there for like 6 months. No dramas. I have always been a friendly guy. I've never provoked anyone. Me and a my neighbours are cool with eachother. Last Thursday 11-aug at 1700hrs. I just finished cleaning my car. I put a car cover on it and went to the mess. Came back around 1730 and saw my cover on the floor. Upon closer inspection I saw gearbox oil all over my car.I know it was gearbox oil cause the rat motherfucker took it from my shed. Its Motul FF lsd gearbox oil. Pretty dear I recall and poured one litre all over it. Spent ages cleaning it off. Told the MP's
                          I have a suspicion about people. But its just a hunch. Need something more substansive. Gonna put up a $300 reward for info leading to the capture of this rat.
                          Man thats fucking fucked. Its a sad world we live in. Good luck catching the culprit(s). And I hope the car comes up as good as new again.

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by justinfox
                          You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Great news. No significant damage was done to the car. I went over it with dishwashing liquid as the normal car cleaning stuff was just moving the oil around but morning fresh was actually dissolving it. Did a couple washes until I could get friction when I ran my fingers across the affected areas. Then took it to the detailers next day and got a full clean and polish. Cant tell anything bad happened.

In regards to me catching this prick, there is no evidence or witnesses. One bloke I know is being real sus. Saying he saw me clean my car when it got vandalised. Which i knew is kinda bs cause no one was around to help me. And he also said he heard about it. How the fuck would he know unless he ad something to do with it? He doesnt live on my block. I only told my neighbours. Anyways I told my superiors, and the MP's. Nothing can really be done. It just got reported. I was thinking about beating this cunt up, but then I'd get charged. I got a gut feeling its him. But I have no proof. In the 8 months or so that I've been living here only he and his piss wreck mates start trouble.
                            The Gun Metal DC5R

Comment

Damn, some people in the world can be tools.

Comment

Working...
                              X