Clear All

dont all dc2r have the gold calipers?

Comment

Originally posted by obsessionz View Post
      dont all dc2r have the gold calipers?
      I didn't!
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

I think 2000 build onwards had the gold calipers rather than the plain ones that get surface rust easily. I ended up painting mine with a mix of gold and silver brake paint, came out looking almost exactly the same.

From memory the limited edition Type Rs were Indy 300 specials, and had the rear window film, A/C, Honda Access pedals and possibly rear strut bar as standard. They were not numbered differently from other DC2Rs being sold at the time. Not much on the net about it now except here:

http://autospeed.com/cms/A_0642/printArticle.html

"Honda Australia will launch special editions of the Civic CXi, Integra Type R and Accord as part of Honda Indy 300 tenth anniversary celebrations on September 1. Oh yes, and the Indy pace car will be an Odyssey - that could very well be twin turbo'd!"
        ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

That's weird mine is a 99 Build and i have gold calipers... hmm

Comment

Originally posted by obsessionz View Post
            That's weird mine is a 99 Build and i have gold calipers... hmm
            That is weird, what's the number on your centre console? mine was 64 i think, one of the earlier ones.
            ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

As for the calipers, it might not have been a limited edition thing, just a production change. If you call up a dealership parts department, do they have different part numbers for the two different calipers? Has anyone purchased replacements to see if they are indeed gold? I'd be interested to know. I'll ask my Honda of Australia contact to see if they can shed any light on the subject.
              Integra Type-R Registry

Comment

Originally posted by Jim80y View Post
                Not much on the net about it now except here:

http://autospeed.com/cms/A_0642/printArticle.html

"Honda Australia will launch special editions of the Civic CXi, Integra Type R and Accord as part of Honda Indy 300 tenth anniversary celebrations on September 1. Oh yes, and the Indy pace car will be an Odyssey - that could very well be twin turbo'd!"
                Here's another good article I dug up awhile back that describes some of the differences in the civic, integra sport, accord, and ITR models: http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/newsarticle.html?&A=52894
                Integra Type-R Registry

Comment

I want those gold clubs! i dont play golf but that doesnt make me want them any less. I thort all australian itrs came with air con? mine doesn't have the racing peddals so maybe its not a limited edition, but it does have yellow stiching on the steering wheel? :S

hitting vtec is like masturbating, sometimes you just do it because you can

Comment

Originally posted by Jim80y View Post
                    That is weird, what's the number on your centre console? mine was 64 i think, one of the earlier ones.
                    My ITR is 00-0193 << and has gold calipers

Comment

Originally posted by on boost View Post
                      I want those gold clubs! i dont play golf but that doesnt make me want them any less. I thort all australian itrs came with air con? mine doesn't have the racing peddals so maybe its not a limited edition, but it does have yellow stiching on the steering wheel? :S
                      Lets see pics of the yellow stitched steering wheel..

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by justinfox
                      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                        Lets see pics of the yellow stitched steering wheel..
                        Scrap that. Saw your thread again. Yellow stitching looks meh I reckon. Maybe if it had the yellow interior to suit it would be better?

Looks like your steering wheel has some epic wear and tear on it, or is it just the pics mate?

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by justinfox
                        You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

This will be a work in progress as I get more info, but here is the Integra Type-R Special Edition list. It's the second link on the links page.

Gimme input please.
                          Integra Type-R Registry

Comment

can you please post actual link to special edition *direct link* cant seem to find it..

Comment

Here's a direct link for you: http://www.integratyper.org/specs/special-editions.htm
                              Integra Type-R Registry

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                                Scrap that. Saw your thread again. Yellow stitching looks meh I reckon. Maybe if it had the yellow interior to suit it would be better?

Looks like your steering wheel has some epic wear and tear on it, or is it just the pics mate?

steering wheel is actually in mint condition.

hitting vtec is like masturbating, sometimes you just do it because you can

Comment

Working...
                                X