restictive AUDM exhuast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

restictive AUDM exhuast

hey though i would post up some pics of the AUDM DC2R exhaust and how horribly restrictive it is, you can see change in exhaust velocity where the header starts compared to a JDM its a joke of a manifold/header must be same as GSI or something ?

interesting how its very similar sized to my 1L Suzuki Sierra headers too lol
    Attached Files
    Living The Midnight Dream

Still sounds sick out the box...

Originally posted by ChargeR
    Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

think i used half my downloads uploading the dam pics haha

Comment

yes its a piece of shit

i agree

Comment

Are there any DC2s still running stock exhausts? I thought this would be a moot point.

Comment

I have a stock exhaust. I want a set of OEM JDM 4-1 headers + cat, to retain all factory attributes like volume, heat shields, etc etc BUT the question is, how much extra power atw will I get from spending $500 on 10+ year old rusted headers?

If its like 5kw atw, then thats $100 per kw, certainly not a good investment tho...

Anyone have dyno graphs or comparison experience?

I must say the axle back muffler is quiet good looking.

Comment

JDM 4-1's are very very good...

(and should not be rusty, as they are mild stainless steel - mine are not rusty!)

the AUDM 4-2-1's are very very bad...
              ... retired/

Comment

so aftermarket headers for a DC2R and a realy good investment even if u use standard cat back ?

Comment

also look at modifying the stock cat-back at the section shown in the 5th pics above...
                  ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by SpecJ View Post
                    If its like 5kw atw, then thats $100 per kw, certainly not a good investment tho...
                    Welcome to NA life...

Originally posted by ChargeR
                    Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecJ View Post
                      I have a stock exhaust. I want a set of OEM JDM 4-1 headers + cat, to retain all factory attributes like volume, heat shields, etc etc BUT the question is, how much extra power atw will I get from spending $500 on 10+ year old rusted headers?

Anyone have dyno graphs or comparison experience?

I must say the axle back muffler is quiet good looking.
                      i grantee you have you be glad if you changed them i should of took pics comparing them, but you can see just how restricted the AUDM headers are.... i had no idea they where that bad as no one has really posted any pics of them that's hafe my reason for posting this thread lol

i noticed alot of gains all over the rev range .. alot more torque when off vtec but i do have a fujitsubo power getter on it as well now

if u ask me the car didn't really feel like a type R when it was off vtec with the AUDM headers but now it feels like one over the entire rev rang

i have something very naughty coming from japan too ,,,,sometimes i like living in middle of nowhere :-P i Wonder how much of a difference it will make any clue ?
                      Attached Files
                      Living The Midnight Dream

Comment

no real power diff just a black mark on the back of ur car and a bad smell lol

Comment

i like that naughty idea (for your car)... but im over it
                          "Success is 99% Failure"
                          Soichiro Honda.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good thread. Couple of questions if you can point me into the right direction:

-If I replace the stock manifold with JDM 98spec 4-1s would it bolt straight up to the CAT?

-Would it affect the stock tune? i.e. Run richer.

-Standard heat shield and L bracket for the manifold probably wont fit with the 98spec 4-1s?

Comment

You would need a JDM cat or equiv to bolt on, AUDM cat is too long. It would probably affect the tune, so aftermarket ecu and tuning may be necessary. The AUDM heat shield will not fit the 98 spec header.
                              Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

Working...
                              X