WRX 374 in Action at QR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hipowerracingdc5 View Post
    haha the crx is only making 123 HP at the wheels comparing it to a car(s) making 140kw-150kw atw taking into account power to weight im pretty sure the dc5's have more power to weight... but yes rob was a formula 3000 driver and is damn good, you cant compare to that expericance... just imagine the times he would be pullin in a car with decent power...

Well done to even and wrx 374 times are impressive ...
    The older model CRXs racing in Japan are less than 800 kg with a cage. That's about 2/3 the weight of a typical street DC5. So, lets say 140kw in my car means that the CRX with a similar power to weight ratio would have to produce 92.4kw (124hp) at the wheels. Seems very similar power to weight ratio comparing the two vehicles. But, the big difference is not power to weight (that's just acceleration), but having to control some 400 more kgs around corners and braking for corners. That's 50% more stopping power (brakes and rotors) and 50% more contact patch for the tyres to stay in touch with the CRX. Just doing a few quick calculations and assuming the CRX has 262mm rotors on the front, the DC5 would need 321mm front rotors instead of the standard 300mm to match. If the CRX has 245mm front rotors, then things are even. If the CRX is running 195/55x15 tyres (593mm diameter), the DC5 needs approximately a 270/35x17 tyre (640mm diameter) to match.

Put a B18C Type R motor in the CRX and look out. To be honest, the DC5 is starting abit behind the 8 ball because of its weight. But I'm racing for fun before I get too old.

Comment

Evan i agree, it can been seen that the robs driving plus the light weight car simply is too good around the corners etc however due to the lack of power the more powerfull cars seem to catch us on the longer straights....
      We have bigger and better things to come next season/year

Comment

Working...
      X