No announcement yet.

WRX 374 in Action at QR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah i was there last sat, sigh don't wanna blame but I really got the setup totally wrong. Anyway just pissed me off. Had oil on the apex of turn 1 and water on the apex on turn 2. Basically didn't really wanna push the car, just try to drift on all the corners. But at least I had learn how to control the car back to normal when it is nearly going to spin.
    For Sale:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...9488#post19488

Comment

Where's the video Tony!!

Get some race cam going, I wanna go for a ride
      Just along for the ride

Comment

Nice action shots
        I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

Good pics.

Comment

So did you manage to satisfy your appetite?

(Referring to "WRX Eater" plates)
            j0nbubz: RG's awp is LOL
            Chi: ...word of advice on who plays against rG
            faijai: rg + awp = gg
            hebe: Hahaha rG is just L337 bro!
            rG`: Touchpad FTW!

Comment

just want to ask what "WRX 374" mean?
              y 374 mean eater?

Comment

Wrx Eta (374)
                http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by rG` View Post
                  So did you manage to satisfy your appetite?

(Referring to "WRX Eater" plates)
                  Nah there was no wrx's in my group Was all hondas with a few sportivo's thrown in.... Was the third quickest honda on the day although due to the conditions i wasn't pushing the car very hard. Quickest honda is a gen 2 crx fully stripped with a cage and basic both on mods and driven by a formula 3000 driver and the 2nd quickest (.4sec quicker than me) was a stripped out civic coupe with a k20 conversion and the guy was pushing pretty hard, ended up in the sand a couple of times and had to be pulled out....

Cant Wait for the next one, 28th of october.

Yeh and if anyone from bris or gc has a video camera i am more than happy to make vids, i just don't have one thats all....
                  NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

That's really a great photo. I noticed there was a fast Honda in the 59 second bracket at the previous Sat afternoon sprints. Hmmm, might have to get more serious with my own car.

Comment

Yes , rob is the driver of our 'Hi Power racing' crx he has managed low 59's on a dry track with an unopened bone stock b16a1 only modicfications being suspension and exhaust and cage . We are looking to go faster with a new choice of tires and some new pads which we will use next DRY track day.

Comment

Originally posted by Hipowerracingdc5 View Post
                        Yes , rob is the driver of our 'Hi Power racing' crx he has managed low 59's on a dry track with an unopened bone stock b16a1 only modicfications being suspension and exhaust and cage . We are looking to go faster with a new choice of tires and some new pads which we will use next DRY track day.
                        You forgot to mention he races in Formula 3000 and that the car is almost completely stripped. He has awesome skills and no doubt if other ppl had the same skills they would be a hell of a lot quicker. I would be interested what time someone else could steer the crx around sprint track in tho??

Evan run a flat 60 on basically full trim with an un opened jdm dc5r with i/h/e, k-pro and sussy mods. Oh and that was with no 3rd gear if i am not mistaken... Hopefully next session you can dip into the 59's evan, would be great to see, just need to sort out ur tune issues from last time.

I would like to think with some wider tyres and a better tune I too will be part of the 59sec club, only time will tell i guess
                        NA is BEST

Comment

I managed a 60.3 sec with 3rd gear syncros going fast making it hard and slow to select. Managed 60.8 not using 3rd at all. The DC5 is around 1200kg with an extra 100kg (me) in the car. I image a stripped out CRX may be 900 or less kg and if Rob is 70kg or less, then power to weight advantage helps particularly with tyres and traction. Having said that, 59.31 seconds is a very excellent time and congratulations goes to the driver and the car.

Comment

haha the crx is only making 123 HP at the wheels comparing it to a car(s) making 140kw-150kw atw taking into account power to weight im pretty sure the dc5's have more power to weight... but yes rob was a formula 3000 driver and is damn good, you cant compare to that expericance... just imagine the times he would be pullin in a car with decent power...

Well done to even and wrx 374 times are impressive ...

Comment

Yeh and if anyone from bris or gc has a video camera i am more than happy to make vids, i just don't have one thats all....
                              Gimmie a yell next time and I'll come out there and setup a in car cam for you
                              Just along for the ride

Comment

Originally posted by Cracker View Post
                                Gimmie a yell next time and I'll come out there and setup a in car cam for you
                                Awesome man will do, would love some in car video
                                NA is BEST

Comment

Working...
                                X