Sooo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooo...

I finally got my car back, from getting tweaked, and some exterior mods. My car is pretty much done for now, holding up the stock B18C, which will be cracked open in the 2008 or so. The rear brakes will also be upgraded soon.

Here is a diary of the build process. It has been a long project, and lots of time and money spent. A massive thanks to Indy @ ISMR, Ben @ Touge Tune, Adrian @ Toda Racing Australia, Leo @ JDM Concept, Zi and Yonaz@ JDM Yard and last but not least Peter @ Body form.

Best time @ Wakefield: 1.13.6 on Shitty Kumho V700's which are 3 and a half year old. Car is definately good for sub 1.12's, but a slight oil cooler problem held me back last Circuit club day to 1.14.1. The thicker oil also contributed to less engine response.

It started!!! - First when I got her... 100% stock apart from pedels (which I changed) and sound system.

Still kinda stock... but coming along well. HALF WAY!

THE MASCOT!

YAY FIRST TRACK DAY!!!

March 2007: nearly there... So close but no cheese!

Originally posted by ChargeR
    Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

11th June '06

Car is finally all nearly done after a year and half of owning her. All that needs to be done is engine work:

Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Awesome stuff Ricki! I love looking at car diaries such as this to see how far the car has gone from stock. Thanks for sharing

Got to Wakefield a little late but in time to watch you for a few runs. Few of the best sounding cars there and great lap time too man!
      Justin Oh Wedding Photography

TYP 88 R

Comment

Love the rear hanger.. looks HOT on your car
        g
        [ BBU66Z ]
        g
        Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

Thanks boys!!

De_cruelz: Damn... I wanted you to get some pics of me.. you take awsome pics!!! Do I hear Photoshoot?

Comment

great - so you can do the supersprint championship with us next year!

that will for sure improve your driving skills!

car looks great by the way - lovely progression of modification too... you should be proud
            ... retired/

Comment

I would've loved to take pics of your car but unfortunately the longest lens I have is my 17-85 LOL! We can certainly do still shots though!

I walked around looking for you after the session ended but you dissapeared somewhere?

TYP 88 R

Comment

wow... going hard ricky... ive owned my car for a longer period and done much less compared to you!!! good stuff man!!!
                http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by De_Cruelz View Post
                  I would've loved to take pics of your car but unfortunately the longest lens I have is my 17-85 LOL! We can certainly do still shots though!

I walked around looking for you after the session ended but you dissapeared somewhere?
                  Awwww sorry man. I was walking around everywhere... tbh I was soo tired on monday, that I didn't even remember much of the day. LOL.

Still photoshoot sounds awsome tho!!!

Tinks and supernat, thanks for the comments. Might take you up on the offer of supersprints. I have learnt so much about my car tho... the Type R is such a nice car, and behaves sooo nicely, and really quite responsive to mods. Needs to be on the track tho, I don't think you can nearly enjoy it as much on the street. Hence, why the sound system, and interior go back in after track days.

Comment

what a beast! thanx for sharing buddy

please do something about those wipers spray them black! hehe
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Yeah am planning on doing that soon. Chill felix, the cars not done yet buddy... LOL...

Comment

LOL at wipers

TYP 88 R

Comment

... i get jelous everytime i farkin log onto this site....

Comment

OI fark off about the wipers LOL...

Felix.. great man you pointed them out! Next time.. ummm when u look in your garage, and your front end is missing... errrmmm it wasn't me! lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
                              ... i get jelous everytime i farkin log onto this site....
                              lol I know the feeling!

But great car none the less.

Comment

Working...
                              X