No announcement yet.

respray front bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not all Honda models have their paint code stuck onto the body, don't ask me why but I'd regard that as a final QA inspection concern rather than build quality.

Mo - Starlight Black Pearl & Nighthawk Black Pearl both look purple/blue with pearl accents. Starlight black is used, if I'm not wrong on the EF, EG, EK, DC, BB chassis while the Nighthawk is used on current chassis grade. More of a before/and after difference B and K is the distinction difference here.

Currently owning all type of blacks from Honda and having them compared side by side, here are how they look like under white light. From blue/purple hue to true black.

Nighthawk Black Pearl - B-92P (Max blue/purple hue.)
    Starlight Black Pearl - NH-592P (Less blue/purple hue than above, balance of more black accent.)
    Berlina Black - NH-547 (No blue/purple hue - This is complete 100% black exclusive on S2000 and NSX chassis only.)

Off the top of my head, NH-547 (Industry - Pure Gloss Black) is also shared with Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes as an option/standard line-up color. While Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Subaru opt for a green/brown base hue. Different distinction and blend base.

Comment

i find my NH-592P has flecks of red/orange as well as the blue/purple ones... (light source = sun)
      ... retired/

Comment

Also different brand of paint / clear coat will produce a tiny different shade with the same paint code.
        JDMyard Pty Ltd / Hardrace AU
        25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 97572365
        Email : yonas@jdmyard.com

Comment

Originally posted by eg5 View Post
          Also different brand of paint / clear coat will produce a tiny different shade with the same paint code.
          also the people that mix the paints will produce slightly different shades if they dont do correct measures.
          T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

ask for spies hecker paints.. I still reckon they have the best finish... as oppose to standox dupont etc etc..

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

^^ and the price for spies hecker will of cause be like 2-3 times more then PPG or dulux etc.
              Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #004

Comment

And if anyone hasnt said so, use a black under coat (will cost a little more) but if you get stone chips, it'll be harder to see!
                ..:: Disciple of the DDang Driving School :: ..
                - Don't rev at me, I get scared -

Comment

Originally posted by euGeR View Post
                  And if anyone hasnt said so, use a black under coat (will cost a little more) but if you get stone chips, it'll be harder to see!
                  Damn
                  Never knew that was an option... Ill deifntly ask for that next time

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

Anyone recommend any places for respray?

Comment

Hey Noel, just to let you know that the paint code for my car is "Nighthawk Black Pearl - B-92P (Max blue/purple hue.)" I looked inside my passenger side door today

Comment

Originally posted by euGeR View Post
                        not if your car is white :P
                        'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

Reviving this thread from the dead...

Can anyone recommend a good place in Sydney to spray a front bar?
                          How much would it cost to strip/sand it down then respray?

Comment

I bring all my cars to Sam @G&S Bodyworks at Yennora. Peter (Bodyform) brings all his cars to get painted there.. hence really why my cars ended up going there.

Can't fault him at all. best of the best

Pricing wise.. im not sure

Comment

I found a phone number for G&S Bodyworks on google and it was a fax line. Are they still in Yennora trading under that name? What is their phone number?

I called a place I've had an insurance job done before, and just to spray the front bar I got quoted $800!! What the?! Yeah they do a top job but it can't be worth that much!!
                              Any other recommendations guys?

Comment

Originally posted by rayDC2R View Post
                                I found a phone number for G&S Bodyworks on google and it was a fax line. Are they still in Yennora trading under that name? What is their phone number?

I called a place I've had an insurance job done before, and just to spray the front bar I got quoted $800!! What the?! Yeah they do a top job but it can't be worth that much!!
                                Any other recommendations guys?
                                Places bump up the price for private work! Best get a couple of quotes. And dont pay untill you see the work. And stress you want a perfect job! So no excusses
                                sigpic
                                128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Working...
                                X