No announcement yet.

Video: DC2R @ Wakefield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rolling on floor laughing, owned, handsup, mad, mad, mad, tongue out, rolling on floor...

i was trying to work it out, but DAMN, 2yo - it all makes sense now!
    ... retired/

Comment

nice clip. interesting. seemed like u held it in 3rd from the top part of the track all the way to the fish hook?
      LONDA

Comment

Yep usually hold 3rd gear all the way from the corner at the end of the straight, all they way to the fishhook at the bottom of the hill. Does anyone else do it differently? I can maybe hit 4th coming down the hill and going up the straight towards the top of the hill, but would probably have to shift down almost immediately.
        ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

i go into 4th up the hill and back down the hill and on the back straight, and on the main straight... but my peak power is around 8000rpm, so it is different to a ITR...

do you use 2nd for the fish hook or stay in 3rd? do you use 2nd for turn two or stay in 3rd?

do you use 2nd for the last turn onto the straight (probably)?
          ... retired/

Comment

jim80y- yeh i noticed that too. after turn 2 i often hit 4th but then have to down gear as im coming up towards to top section. Also tend to hit 4th through the S section before the fish hook. Im gona try keeping it in third now

tinkerbell- For the fish hook and last turn normally is just 2nd gear for me. dont think i could keep it in 3rd for the fish hook as id overshoot the corner lol
            LONDA

Comment

Fish hook I'll use 2nd. I've tried 3rd gear but like Fly said you'll most likely overshoot the corner or go wide, revs drop to around 5k rpm too. Turn two I'll use 3rd, with the semis it's easier to keep revs above 6k rpm. Last corner I always use 2nd.
              ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

Without actually driving that track its hard to tell, but can someone give me some insight as to what Im thinking?

leading up to it, your going 3rd or 4th gear, looks like a 4th from the previous corners, brake hard and drop it to 3rd onto the entry (late entry like almost overshoot it) then use the left foot on the brakes and keep some throttle on it and keep it in 3rd to the exit and possibly get back into 4th for the corner before the long straight, probably have to go back to take the corner 3rd though from the pic.

Its really hard to tell from the sizing etc, but does that sounds feasible?

Comment

http://www.circuit-club.com/The%20Ci...-%20Issue4.pdf

see page 4 or 5 i think?
                  ... retired/

Comment

also see:

http://www.mx5.com.au/nsw/PDF%20Cont...ort/Lap_WP.pdf

bottom of page one...
                    ... retired/

Comment

BTW - i find i am 4 wheel drifting at turn 9 - anyone else?

it feels freaking AWESOME when you get it right
                      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by M a i k e r u View Post
                        looks fun.

i need to grow some balls and track my car 1 day. LOL
                        We'll grow some balls.. one day Michael..
                        And when we do, we'll be there

Comment

Originally posted by Kazaf View Post
                          We'll grow some balls.. one day Michael..
                          And when we do, we'll be there
                          if you guys want. you can come to the trackday in july and spectate. and perhaps be passenger in someones car to see what its like.
                          LONDA

Comment

wish i could come, sounds like an awesome track.

Yeah Tinker, thats what i was imagining because of the long back straight you really want the correct line for that.

Comment

Nice one John.

Maybe i should have left my car with you so you would have 2 R's to play with.

P.S. I've been to the Bee R workshop, but i didn't have my camera with me. Lots of Evo's being worked on. I will take photo's when i go back there, Dom.

Comment

Working...
                              X