No announcement yet.

[VIC] Official H Nationals 2013 - Photo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to Michael for the run down on the event, as he said it was a great day and overall we were happy with the way the event ran. We’re really pleased that everyone seemed to have a good day from the feedback we’ve received, however there were a few issues on the day that we need to mention:

Winton Complaints:
    Firstly the Winton staff let us know that there had been complaints from residents in town regarding a few Hondas hooning about down the main stretch of Benalla. We can’t stress enough how unacceptable this is. Firstly when we’re running a Honda event it reflects poorly on the Honda community and us as organisers and will affect the running of future events, secondly Winton like all race tracks needs to maintain good relations with their neighbour so they’re likely to listen to their complaints.

Being too aggressive:
    Early session driving was too aggressive, especially considering the number of newcomers to both Winton and track driving generally. The first session should always be treated as a sighting run, especially if you have a passenger on board. We will be more strict on this in the future.

Class dishonesty:
    A handful of people were dishonest about their classing, resulting in some changes to the class winners. The prizes were not large, and we tried to emphasise that the classes were only put in place to encourage some friendly competition, but some people took it too seriously and decided to cheat. That said though the majority of people were careful in tallying up their points for classing, and prepared their cars to the intent of the classing rules and we appreciate your honesty and we hope the classes made the day more fun!

Missed flags
    A few guys missed the chequered flags and did extra laps, even after having the white flag to warn of the last flying lap. Everyone needs to remember to make a point of checking both flagging points. Remember it was a friendly amateur event, there was no need to let the red mist descend and ignore everything around you on the track.

Contact
    There was an incident between two cars late in the day resulting in contact. There is no excuse for contact between cars at an open practice format event, you are racing against the clock not each other. These two drivers had both been warned earlier in the day and as a result they will not be welcomed back.

Litter
    Lastly the Winton staff let us know that the pit area was in a poor state after the event with a lot of litter left lying about. Again this reflects badly on us and Honda people in general, and there’s no excuse as bins are everywhere at Winton.

Overall though I thought it was a successful event, and I’d like to echo what Michael has already said: Thanks to all the helpers, participants and sponsors for making a great day!

Comment

Oh and if you haven't read the excellent coverage of the event from Gwyn and the crew at Gripshiftslide then you should: http://gripshiftslide.com/2013/05/03...wer-of-dreams/

Comment

I wish I was there to see all this happen! Well, I will have to wait for Eastern Creek World Time Attack..
        Brother of Stephen Carroll, Brisbane.

-Michael Carroll.

Comment

Our friends at gripshiftslide have just put up a big gallery of pictures from the event. Check it out here: LINK

Comment

seems as though a great day. wanted to be there with the B18 powered Charade, but enrty was denied as not a Honda chasis. Sucks!

K24 powered civic next year and we will be there....

Comment

Working...
            X