Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[VIC] Official H Nationals 2013 - Photo Thread

Organiser Reflection - Mugsee

Wow, what an event! *Thrills, spills, laughs, lots of noise, and lots of Honda’s! *H Nationals 2013 had it all! *

Thank you to the interstate competitors and their crew, as well as any other spectators that made the the trip to Winton. *We understand that it takes a fair bit of preparation, hard work and dedication to make the trip to the race track, so we appreciate your effort. *

Thanks to the helpers on the day:
    Ying, McGillaz, Tony, Gab, Le, DCW, VMSC, Jase Q, Napo, Matt Jew, Vijay, Andi So, Bong, Millsy and Kam. *

Special thanks goes out to Viet for his awesome graphics and design skills, Silas for making the t-shirts and stickers possible and also to MacGillaz for stepping up and putting at least as much into the day as Tom and I. *He was always there when an incident occurred or recovery was needed.

A big thanks and shout out goes to EXE-Crew for lending us their supplies and expertise in organising and running the event.

Class amendments:
    There have been some classification changes. *Upon review by Tom and myself, a couple of people have been moved into their correct class.

As a result of these changes, the new Class 2 winner is Narada Kudinar in his S2000. *Well done Narada! *We’ll be in touch with your trophy and prize.

Here are the class results:
    Class 1 first place/winner: Justin G. - Integra DC2 Type R - 1:47.3180
    Class 1 second place: Mark Beazley - Civic FN2 Type R - 1:52.3370
    Class 1 third place: Kevin Rowland - Integra DC2 Type R - 1:52.4060

Class 2 first place/winner: Jeffery Steel - NSX - 1:44.2390
    Class 2 second place: Richard Pywell - S2000 - 1:44.5950
    Class 2 third place: Narada Kudinar - S2000 - 1:44.6990

Class 3 first place/winner: Ryan Gundry - Integra DC5 Type S - 1:39.5080
    Class 3 second place: Chris Ryan - Civic EP3 Type R - 1:41.1030
    Class 3 third place: David Napolene - Civic EP3 Type R - 1:42.0350

Class 4: first place/winner: Duncan Shiu - Integra DC2 VTiR - 1:34.9470
    Class 4 second place: Viet Le - 1:36.0440
    Class 4 third place: Michael See / Autosphere - Integra DC5 Type R - 1:38.2960

Class 5 first place/winner: Jimmy Tran / BYP - Integra DC2 Type R - 1:31.3800
    Class 5 second place: Adam Casmiri / JDM Yard - Integra DC5 Type R - 1:33.3770
    Class 5 third place: Vel Tomic - Civic EG - 1:137.1080

Quickest Newcomer: *Jeffrey Steel

A note on the prizes:
    Tom and I decided at the very start when we were organising that we would not award more than one prize to any one contestant, as we felt that the prizes should be spread out to as many contestants as possible. *In our haste to present the prizes, we forgot to mention this.

As it is, BYP is the quickset Class 5 and interstate so we awarded them the Class 5 award, and awarded the quickest interstate prize to the quickest interstater after them, which is JDMYard.

We hope this clears up any confusion around this award. *

Thanks to the sponsors
    Prizes to classes could not be awarded without the generosity of the event sponsors. *Please support future H Nationals events by supporting these sponsors.

Autosphere - www.autosphere.com.au
    BYP Racing & Developments - http://www.facebook.com/BYPRacing
    Circuit Club - www.circuitclub.com.au
    JDMYard - www.jdmyard.com.au
    Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs - http://www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr
    Works Engineering - http://www.facebook.com/Worksaus?fref=ts

A note from the organisers
    As organisers of the event, Tom and I are proud of being able to bring together the Honda community and were blown away to hear that the spectator car park was bordering on full, and the grassy area was filled with people supporting those racing. *

We were extremely pleased to see the support, friendliness, and willingness to get out on track to enjoy our passion. *

A notable mention goes out to all the guys who were tracking their cars for the first time. *Well done for getting out there and giving it a go! *We hope this gives you a taste and you’ll be back for more.

We were generally pleased with the behaviour of the people at the event however there were a few that left us with a sour note. *We’ll be expanding on this in another post.

Photos and ongoing media
    Any photos, comments, etc can be posted to the H Nationals facebook page here: www.facebook.com/HNationals

Thank you to all the photographers who spent their time covering the event and have already posted up their work. *Please continue to share it on the page and we’ll make sure that it gets seen.

Keep your eyes peeled on the Gripshiftslide H Nationals video coming out soon. *Their teaser here looks awesome! http://vimeo.com/64778141

End of organiser reflection

Results:

http://racing.natsoft.com.au/results/ -> Circuit Racing -> H Nationals 2013

Jimmy Tran BYP - Integra Type R (DC2) - 1:31.3800
    Zi Yap JDM Yard - Integra Type R (DC5) - 1:33.3770
    Duncan Shiu - Integra VTi-R (DC2) - 1:34.9470

Post up any related pics here guys.

Honda Nationals 2013 by J Brezic PHOTOGRAPHY, on Flickr

Last edited by ChargeR; 29-04-13, 06:12 PM. Reason: Class results updated.
    C'mon click teh link -> JBrezicPhotography

Nice photos!

Edited the first post to add in the results. Some great times!

Well done all.
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

You have some other cool shots J.

ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
        You have some other cool shots J.

That is seriously the coolest helmet!!

#Sennathebest

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post

That is one beautiful set of winglets/canards. Looks one off.
          Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

wtf at that FD!

how did that place!
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Thanks for all the great feedback and photos so far guys. We really do appreciate it!

We've also created a Facebook page for non-ClubITRers, you could repost any photo links, comments, feedback, etc. to the H Nationals page (http://www.facebook.com/HNationals), it will help keep all these together rather than being lost in this event page in future.

Tom and I are still busy organising post-event things but as soon as we're done, we'll post up our thoughts on the event and day.

Thanks,

Michael
              Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                wtf at that FD!

how did that place!
                He got 1.41
                Came 3rd in his group
                19th overall
                S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

That NSX! Enough said.
                  Last edited by cordz; 21-04-13, 06:43 PM.
                  Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

Awesome day, mad props to the organisers Mugsee and Charger!

Super smooth running no matter what happened and I think the pics speak for themselves when I saw there were a lot of quality cars!

Originally posted by jdm.itr View Post
                    He got 1.41
                    Came 3rd in his group
                    19th overall
                    He was moved from Class 3 -> Class 4, Natsoft classing is incorrect.

Comment

It was such a privilege to be in the same group as that NSX. Hearing that engine noise pass me on the straight was just awesome.
                      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

And that was Honda Nats 2013. 12hours of driving, countless hours of no sleep, late night E85 fuel runs, loading and unloading the DC5R (we’ve nailed it to less then 10mins), we took home Fastest Interstater!

so if there’s anything I’ve learned over the last month of prep work and from the weekend, having a great support network helps and an anal, ball breaker, focused, persistent, perfectionist, clam and chilled team leader helps. Even when it got tough and team morale was down, Zi had an answer and even time to crack a joke!

I was there to work and going into the weekend I thought it was gonna be bland. All work and no play; no time to say hello to friends or time to check out cars. Surprisingly, I found myself working harder; more willingly and at the same time managed to find myself a nice a patch of grass to sit and watch the event unfold. The whole idea of “having to look busy all the time” is seriously flawed.

so we went home Fastest interstater, being naturally aspirated versus Fastest Overall winner being supercharged, we’re pretty stoked with the result. Comparing lap times we’re not too far alway from them; arriving back at the shop, Zi was already saying that tomorrow is gonna suck for the mechanic; who is going to be taking it all out and making way for the new charger!

now time to relax with a glass of wine and get ready for another week, so 7days non-stop and counting … ahh the race car life.

ps. I’m ready for the weekend, can’t wait to go away!

link: http://redsprinter.wordpress.com/201...s-winton-2013/

Comment

Woah! What an event. Some amazing cars down in Melbourne. Step up ya game Sydney. I'll have a few pics up soon.
                          Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by White ep View Post
                            Duncan Shiu - Integra VTi-R (DC2) - 1:34.9470
                            any pics of this one?!?

VTiR represent!!
                            ... retired/

Comment

Winton looks like a fun circuit!

Some very fast Hondas.
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...