16" JDM tires rubbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16" JDM tires rubbing

16" jdm tire's rubbing on my dc2r.. the tire was a 215/45/16 and was rubbing above and inner side. On both sides of the car!! I droped the tire size down to a 195/45/16 and now no prob.... The car has a camber kit. Other than that i beleave it's stock.... Also front end Jdm conversion... Any one no whys she was rubbing???
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

How low is the car? People say they have no problem running 215's with standard suspension. I would have just dropped down to 205 if you were having scrubbing issues.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

mmm Yer i was thinking that.. The front seems lower then my last R but this has the jdm front... Never thought it may be lowed??? And the reason i ask.. As i look up the Jdm R and they run the 215/45/16's stock so i was like wtf they rubbing!!!!!!
      sigpic
      128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Yeah well some people here have ran 215's and on stock sussy. 195 seems way to small for a JDM rim. I'd put 205's on there. I liked 205's on my 16's when I had them. (205/45/16)

Quote:
        You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

Thanks for the tip mate!!
          sigpic

Comment

Another thumbs up for 205/45 R16...

195 is too narrow for a 7" rim IMO.
            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

pity most 205/45R16's are illegal for the Integra...
              ... retired/

Comment

sorry to hijack thread !! but time has come to replace tyres on my dc2r, whats a decent high performance tyre? 195/50/15..

I had toyo t1r's, just seeing what else is out there..?

thanks a bunch!
                MY VTEC GOOOES!BAAAAAABWAAAAAAH

Comment

Have a peek in this thread,

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=51

Quote:

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                    pity Most 205/45r16's Are Illegal For The Integra...
                    Why??
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                      Why??
                      Load rating.

Quote:

Comment

the DC2 Integra needs tyres with a 84 load rating or higher, most 205/45R16 are only 83 load rating...
                        ... retired/

Comment

ah i just bought some 215/45/16 for my jdm 16"s

hope it doesnt scrub
                          k20A DC2R

Comment

Woop thanks for that link didn't see it before.

Most likely gonna be getting KU31s or re001s, cant seem to find toyos anywhere.
                            MY VTEC GOOOES!BAAAAAABWAAAAAAH

Comment

RE001 is better than the toyo's...
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X