Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
    how much is the price for kpro?
    depends.. + tune your looking around 1500. by itself price can vary from 800-1200 dependent on condition

Comment

Originally posted by kctt71 View Post
      Hi all,
      I used to own a AUDM DC5R a few years ago. A bloody good car and sometimes regret ever selling her. I miss it so much that I have been contemplating buying another one. It then dawned upon me, why not buy a JDM one.

So hence my question to those who have driven a JDM one. Apart from the obvious power difference, are there any other differences in terms of driving feel? eg. I remembered that the steering was a bit heavy and handling wasn't as good as the DC2. Is this trait in the JDM version as well?
      If you can get a JDM, go for it. I remember that blue one in brisbane was advertised at 24k one time.. contact the guys if your interested.. But yeah i definetely would go for a JDM because of the rarity. Even thou adm and jdm are similar.

Comment

The JDM DC5R has 11.5:1 compression pistons. The AUS DC5R has 11.0:1 compression pistons. The heads are the same on both models. The rest of the differences are minor and one can simply can modify the AUS model to JDM spec. The standard JDM motor makes 162 kw while the AUS model makes 147 as standard. Yes, there is an obvious power difference between the two models having driven each car.

Comment

Dont forget that the JDM has brembos!
          is it hard 2 get a JDM head with cams n everything?

Comment

It is also a well known fact that there is approximately 10kw atw difference between the engines. I know each dyno is different but I have mostly seen stock AUDM DC5R pull 105-110kwatw and EP3 (pretty much same engine) do 119ish stock for stock, same dyno, different day......but you get the jist!!

Personal note......If I were to mod that car, I'd buy a AUDM and spent $ on mods anyway. I would only buy (attempt to) a JDM if it was to be left standard. No real point if it was to be modded.

Comment

The JDM DC5R engine makes more power than the Civic Type R (EP3) sold in Japan. The Japanese delivered EP3 makes 158kw. The UK sold EP3 is detuned to 147kw.

The new JDM FD2 Civic Type R makes 165kw with 11.7:1 compression pistons.

Comment

DC5R engine and EP3R engine in japan are the same.

Only the headers and exhaust are slightly different, which is the difference in the slight power difference.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
                  DC5R engine and EP3R engine in japan are the same.

Only the headers and exhaust are slightly different, which is the difference in the slight power difference.
                  What's the difference in the header????
                  Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nepolian View Post
                    It is also a well known fact that there is approximately 10kw atw difference between the engines. I know each dyno is different but I have mostly seen stock AUDM DC5R pull 105-110kwatw and EP3 (pretty much same engine) do 119ish stock for stock, same dyno, different day......but you get the jist!!

Personal note......If I were to mod that car, I'd buy a AUDM and spent $ on mods anyway. I would only buy (attempt to) a JDM if it was to be left standard. No real point if it was to be modded.
                    I agree. I was going to keep it standard if I got a JDM one.

Comment

There's a web site you can import from japan, but i'm not too familiar with it. http://www.japaneseusedcars.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PolitoHood View Post
                        What's the difference in the header????
                        can anyone clarify this?

Comment

epic thread dig.

JDM DC5R header flows better than the AUDM header and it's a good upgrade. aftermarket K20 headers like Toda is still going to be the better upgrade though.

To add more info, the difference is not just the lack of Brembo brakes and a detune. The AUDM Type R also runs the USDM Type S motor which has 11:1 compression, with the worse header and tune it means it's 20HP down on the JDM Type R which has 11.5:1 compression.
                          Last edited by michaelz; 27-12-10, 07:53 PM.
                          00-0138 ITR

Comment

Originally posted by michaelz View Post
                            epic thread dig.

JDM DC5R header flows better than the AUDM header and it's a good upgrade. aftermarket K20 headers like Toda is still going to be the better upgrade though.

To add more info, the difference is not just the lack of Brembo brakes and a detune. The AUDM Type R also runs the USDM Type S motor which has 11:1 compression, with the worse header and tune it means it's 20HP down on the JDM Type R which has 11.5:1 compression.
                            The K20 also runs a slightly more aggressive exhaust cam, similar to the one in the Type S. The detune accommodates for that, restricted exhaust system and 95 ron fuel rather than 100.

In the end you get 166kw compared to 147.
                            sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by white_r View Post
                              can anyone clarify this?
                              the JDM runs a 4-2-1 header which you can upgrade the 4-2 part to either J's Racing or Spoon which allow better flow with bigger diameter. The AUDM Header is a 4-1 which is pretty restrictive and the diameter is a bit smaller then the JDM. In order to change to the JDM header you must upgrade to with whiteliine sway bar or any other JDM EP3 sway bar.
                              Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                              1)ブレーキを踏む
                              2)クラッチを切る
                              3)シフトダウンしなから、
                                アクセルをぶかす
                              4)クラッチをつなぐ
                              :blah:
                              インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                              人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                                the JDM runs a 4-2-1 header which you can upgrade the 4-2 part to either J's Racing or Spoon which allow better flow with bigger diameter. The AUDM Header is a 4-1 which is pretty restrictive and the diameter is a bit smaller then the JDM. In order to change to the JDM header you must upgrade to with whiteliine sway bar or any other JDM EP3 sway bar.
                                You should come back with something else JDM so we can compare other aussie models to their JDM counterparts
                                sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Working...
                                X