Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K20A Dyno Comparison - Stock ECU vs Hondata Kpro (BYP Tuned)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K20A Dyno Comparison - Stock ECU vs Hondata Kpro (BYP Tuned)

We get asked if its even worth tuning the K20 with bolt-on mods. Well over the weekend, we had the opportunity to do a back to back dyno comparison. Dyno graph below -

From looking at the above graph, noticeable gain's from the vtec point @ 4700rpms all the way through too 8700rpms. About 15kw gain from 5200rpms - 6500rpms and over 20nm of torque gained

So is a Hondata Kpro + Tuning worth it? I'll let you guys be the judge of that
    BYP Racing & Developments
    Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
    STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Looks good man. That's a huge increase in the amount of power after vtec engagement. If only you had a site down in SA, I'd run down to you guys for a tune.
    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Can you list what bolt-on were used, otherwise the plot means nothing for prospective modifiers
      Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
      Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
      Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
      Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

I think it's listed on the actual dyno graph. Toda headers, 5zigen exhaust and gruppe M intake. Unless there is more.

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
          Looks good man. That's a huge increase in the amount of power after vtec engagement. If only you had a site down in SA, I'd run down to you guys for a tune.
          Shoot me PM of what bolton mods you have and I can further assist you with a possible tune solution

Originally posted by Norm View Post
          I think it's listed on the actual dyno graph. Toda headers, 5zigen exhaust and gruppe M intake. Unless there is more.
          Correct with the mods. All mods listed as per dyno graph
          Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Sorry i did not see that on my phone

Comment

Very worth it indeed! ^_^

Comment

I had similar mods and only made 119.7kw on the stock ecu. Toda headers with high flow cat, buddyclub spec 3 and gruppe m. And this was from your dyno too
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iVTEC_R View Post
                  Very worth it indeed! ^_^
                  um, just to note this applies to most cars, not just DC5's

if you correctly tune the engine maps to suit the airflow charateristics of the powertrain, you will see improvements in torque.

however - this tune seems to be focused only on the engine maps above 4700rpm, and did little to change the characteristics of everyday driving...

(but i guess that is what the owner must have asked for?)
                  ... retired/

Comment

Most tuners these days only tune the business end of the rpm range to give peak power, as everybody gets so caught up with numbers it is becoming a bit too alarming. This is the main reason why I am staying out of the tuning game

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
                      I had similar mods and only made 119.7kw on the stock ecu. Toda headers with high flow cat, buddyclub spec 3 and gruppe m. And this was from your dyno too
                      \

Magic dyno numbers

Originally posted by sleepingperformance View Post
                      Most tuners these days only tune the business end of the rpm range to give peak power, as everybody gets so caught up with numbers it is becoming a bit too alarming. This is the main reason why I am staying out of the tuning game
                      on track/ drag/ spirted driving what rpm range would you be in. 4000 rpm or more.
                      sigpic
                      128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        \

on track/ drag/ spirted driving what rpm range would you be in. 4000 rpm or more.
                        Thats true, but a lot of people (such as my self) would rather see some healthy & clean tunes from 100rpm to 4500rpm rather than just big numbers. Because other than the 10-15mins of spirited driving or a track day, you are cruising below 6000rpm. Besides gaining the most mileage out of cruise tuning you also want drive ability and useable power whilst keeping good A/F ratios.
                        S2000
                        WSID : TBA
                        Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                        Smooth As Detailing
                        Incar Racing

Comment

This dyno plot just illustrates 100% throttle pulls. The tune will give the car much greater response and drive-ability down low and on and off the throttle. I don't know if anyone has posted a 10% dyno plot???

Its just a K20A at the end of the day, if you want down low drivability, chuck in a K24 bottom

Do you guy's want to see what a K24 bottom end dyno graph comparison?

STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Originally posted by sleepingperformance View Post
                            If you understand how a K-series works, you would know a proper tune will give overall gains. You can't simply tune peak power on a K-series

STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Dynos do not accurately represent real world conditions like under-hood airflow at speed and RAM air effects. Typically you car will run leaner off the dyno than on by about 3/10ths of a point.

If you are running closed loop and your part throttle fuelling is incorrect, your full throttle fuelling will be affected. Another good reason to tune part throttle correctly. Only looking at the lambda chart pre and post tuning along with constant data logging will determine whether the correct air/fuel ratios are set for part open throttle (Don't rely completely on the lambda overlay, the load lines should also be smooth and parallel - I won't go into too much depth as this should be common knowledge for tuners). Tuning no doubt will give overall gains, but quality of tuning is equally, if not more important to the longevity of an engine.
                              Last edited by Norm; 07-06-13, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X