Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K20A Dyno Comparison - Stock ECU vs Hondata Kpro (BYP Tuned)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by benson View Post
    If you understand how a K-series works, you would know a proper tune will give overall gains. You can't simply tune peak power on a K-series
    You make it sound as if a K series is completely different to all other engines ever designed. All engines run on the same 4 stroke philosophy and with the way modern engines are designed, they will all give decent gains with bolt ons and a correctly adjusted tune (due to the fact they are so restrictive in the intake and exhaust department because of emission legislation).

When you are tuning do you tune from idle to rev cut? Do you tune for part throttle and cold start? Also what do you use to listen for knock and do you have a secondary afr sensor to cross referrence between what the ECU is saying and what the dyno is saying?

And your statement of "if you want more down low driveability, just stick a k24 bottom end in" does not apply to everyone (due to many factors) so using such a blanket statement to overlook the comments made about this particular graph that you have posted, shows that you are avoiding giving a true response as to why you do not tune before vtec engagement
    Last edited by sleepingperformance; 07-06-13, 09:35 AM.
    Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
    Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
    Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Im not sure if I should answer the above. Josh, maybe ask your tuner??
      BYP Racing & Developments
      Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
      STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        \

Magic dyno numbers

on track/ drag/ spirted driving what rpm range would you be in. 4000 rpm or more.
        what do you mean magic dyno numbers

Comment

From what i seen dyno number are never consistent. I understand air temp and many more factors affect readings. But for a device thats ment to be calibrated to give accurate numbers. Non of them do. Also its not hard for the tuner to fudge the numbers! Not saying thats the case here. But your getting a number that cant be accurately compared to anything eles. Making it useless. Better comparing end MPH speed then dyno numbers!
          sigpic
          128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Same day, same rpm ratio, same IAT

Im sure MPH is there. We got the track records in both 1/4 mile and circuit but thats irrelevant for this matter. Some clubitr members seems like they dont appreciate our dyno comparison.

For future reference we'll post it under our vendor section.
            Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Originally posted by benson View Post
              Im not sure if I should answer the above. Josh, maybe ask your tuner??
              This is not a question of what my tuner does. I know what he does and he does it well using the equipment i described.

I am asking you as a tuner if you do these extra checks as this is the difference between a good and safe tune and a money making tune.

I am all down for comparisons, but when questions are left unanswered, it makes me personally, a bit sceptical about what you are trying to show, as there are plenty of comparisons out there with similar set ups amd similar gains
              Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
              Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
              Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
              Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Id rather leave it unanswered. People can pass judgement of what they think. Car built and tuned by us have performed and set lap records. I dont think I need to list those records? Think about what tuning shops out there who have achieved what we have done. Tuning is one of those aspect. Think about it hard before you questioned.

Please feel free to share those dyno comparision. Clubitr is lacking techincal information and influence, so any content will add value.

STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Working...
                X