Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts on the new Penrite Racing Oil 10W40

Hey guys,

I used the Penrite Racing oil to service my car for the first time just to experience if this oil is actually worth for racing, changed the oil 6days ago. Well today has been a great day to put the oil to a little test.

Heres the link for what oil im talking about

I took the car on a mountain drive, which at most areas I did some spirited driving. So that was a 1.2 hour drive on a mountain.
    Nulon oil temp – 120deg
    Royal Purple – 125+
    Penrite Racing oil temp – 100deg

On the way back home, highway driving
    Nulon oil temp – 110deg
    Royal Purple – 110deg
    Penrite Racing oil – 95

Okay now the day is over, gave the car a good rest for 6hours now just to check the oil levels. I usually always fill up after a hard driven day, especially for a drive which was over 300km’s+
    Nulon Oil – 400mL
    Royal Purple – 550mL
    Penrite Racing oil – 0mL

I was just so surprised! This oil didn’t burn one bit of a mL, level on the dip stick is the same when I serviced the car. Great oil.

I would definetly recommend this oil for any street/track car. Keeps engine cool, power wise it’s the same as any other oil, doesn’t burn quickly. So impressed that it was actually worth writing about and share with other people.

Please give this oil a go with your next service. Retail price is $79.80 at Supercheap if I remember correctly, might be cheaper.

Thanks,
    Moiz
    無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Awesome review mate. Will keep thos in mind when i service the car next
    sigpic

Comment

Wow! Great post. Will test this out in the warmer months ahead.
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

nice, will give it a go next service
        BNR34 Build [SOLD]
        APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
        Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
        NSEX

Comment

nice test mate. might give it a try as repco wont be selling the motul oils no more .

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Were environmental conditions comparable? Its quite a stark difference so it would be very interesting if it was!

Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
            Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
            Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
              nice test mate. might give it a try as repco wont be selling the motul oils no more .

Why's that :S?

Comment

Originally posted by munkaii View Post
                Were environmental conditions comparable? Its quite a stark difference so it would be very interesting if it was!

yeah this, interesting results but what where the ambient temps like when these readings where taken?
                02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

shouldnt you stick away from racing oil in normal driving as they don't have the detergents and stuff in them??
                  sigpic
                  128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Great idea. To make it even more concise tell us your engine and its health, mods etc.
                    The Gun Metal DC5R

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                      Why's that :S?
                      Guys at repco told me that they wont be selling motul anymore because no one buys em. they should be having a sale on the left over stock they have out in the back of the 300v, 8100 excess, etc. But this penrite oil sounds really good i gotta say, will try it out next.
                      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by DC2-PWR View Post
                        Okay now the day is over, gave the car a good rest for 6hours now just to check the oil levels. I usually always fill up after a hard driven day, especially for a drive which was over 300km’s+
                        Nulon Oil – 400mL
                        Royal Purple – 550mL
                        Penrite Racing oil – 0mL
                        if your car uses ~500ml of oil after 1.2hrs/300km 'spirited driving' it must be FUBAR...

i doubt you are comparing 'apples to apples'...
                        ... retired/

Comment

that link is for motorcycle oil, but are you are talking about this oil:

http://www.penriteoil.com.au/product...-tenths-racing
                          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by munkaii View Post

Yes this info is very important. However everytime I go for a cruise around Mt nebo/dam area its always a fine day. So 28-30degrees max at most areas.

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                            yeah this, interesting results but what where the ambient temps like when these readings where taken?
                            Not sure.. day tempreature was 28-30degrees max.

Originally posted by DakDak View Post
                            Great idea. To make it even more concise tell us your engine and its health, mods etc.
                            Great idea.

B18C2, I/H/E DC2R 4.7FD Gearbox. Dual core radiator, OEM Thermostat.

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                            if your car uses ~500ml of oil after 1.2hrs/300km 'spirited driving' it must be FUBAR...

i doubt you are comparing 'apples to apples'...
                            Yes sometimes my car eats a lot off oil, but sometimes it doesn't. I was just really impressed how I didn't have to refil oil like I usually do.

But yeah I've used quite a few types of oil, Motul, Mobil, Castrol, RP, Nulon, OEM, Penrite, and Penrite Racing. And I'd reccommend Penrite Racing, results are proven from my experiance and I'm just really happy with it. I'm normally happy with the Nulon oil.

So we need a few more people using this oil and getting a few more feedbacks, I can't explain stuff in detail very properly and I understand that there are a lot of variables/deep information needed to these sorta feedback/review documents.
                            Moiz
                            無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I might try this oil next time.
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                              X