Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

possibly posting up specs and if needed modifications needed to achieve that would be great?

otherwise its just a post photo of your slammed car thread..

reason for above is that this thread is actually ment to be a technical thread..
    Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
    some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
    Originally posted by tinkerbell
    if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
    A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
    Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

More white S2000 action:

17x9 +35 with nicely custom flared guards. See the original thread HERE for more details.

Comment

ok, so after the installation of the k24, the tramlining on my setup has gotten worse! here are my wheel/tire specs:

front: 17x9 +38 enkei nt03's with 235/45 khumo escata tyres
        rear: 17x8 +35 enkei nt03's with 225/45 khumo escata tyres

here are my allignment setting:

Rear:
        Camber; -1.5, -1.47
        Toe-in; 3mm

Front:
        Castor; 1.57, 1.48
        Camber; -1.09, 1.26
        Toe-in; 1.4mm

any clue as to why the car is behaving the way it is will be greatly appreciated...
        183.2KW ATW
        BUILT BY DR HONDA
        Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

bump...anyone else with lower offsets than oem in a dc5r experiencing this?
          183.2KW ATW
          BUILT BY DR HONDA

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

Originally posted by 03DC5R View Post
            bump...anyone else with lower offsets than oem in a dc5r experiencing this?
            My car tramlines pretty horribly with -5.3 camber, 9.5 +15 and 275 tyres but I just deal with it and grip the wheel with both hands. Sometimes the car changes lanes by itself .

I think that whilst it is a property of the lower offset it is also a property of the wider tyres. A wider contact patch means more leverage on the steering system and therefore more tramlining and steering kickback.

Comment

hmmm...i think it's not worth it then lol...im gonna chuck the stockies back on it, and see if there is much difference...function>form
              183.2KW ATW
              BUILT BY DR HONDA

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

As you know i'm running 17x8 +35... and I still experiance "slight" tramlining with these... but this was with my old KU31 tyres (Which I think you are runnng at the moment). I recently changed to Kuhmo KU36 tyres, and i personally think this tyre does live up to the hype that it has. Corners awesome, good off line grip, awesome wet weather grip... maybe you should look into a set of these.

Option 1 Garage in Brisbane sells them for a real good price... here is the Link

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                  My car tramlines pretty horribly with -5.3 camber, 9.5 +15 and 275 tyres but I just deal with it and grip the wheel with both hands. Sometimes the car changes lanes by itself .

I think that whilst it is a property of the lower offset it is also a property of the wider tyres. A wider contact patch means more leverage on the steering system and therefore more tramlining and steering kickback.
                  Agree . I think that is the problem with wider wheels with high camber!
                  It happens to mine and it is a biaaaaatch to control really. I have exactly the same setup with you 03DC5 but with slightly more camber.

I think it happens because the surface contact with the road is more with wider tyres and camber reduces the contact with the road. So it evens out. However, the bigger wheel and the wider the tyres, the heavier and steering kickback is more, not even than, u can even feel the sterring is heavier compare to your stock audm dc5r 16" wheels.

Therefore, when there is an uneven surface on the road, the wheels just go to wherever they want to lead you. It doesn't only happen on the tramlines, but normal uneven road as well.
                  - Project R -

Comment

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere but for dc5 owners who just want to come in here to check for stock fitments without having to read through 13 pages of posts can refer to

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=368629
                    bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
                      Not sure if this was posted elsewhere but for dc5 owners who just want to come in here to check for stock fitments without having to read through 13 pages of posts can refer to

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=368629
                      But reading this kinda thing is half the fun!

Comment

>.> self preference really. i like to get straight to the point + info when i need it. Not saying that reading and viewing other ppls wild wheel fitment isnt interesting...
                        bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
                          >.> self preference really. i like to get straight to the point + info when i need it. Not saying that reading and viewing other ppls wild wheel fitment isnt interesting...
                          I wish i had found a reference like this when i was looking for rims, instead I used the url you just pasted and didnt actually find out what it would look untill i got them fitted. But that again if i was more knowledgable at the time i would have looked for more info

PS. This thread is awesome.

Comment

its just a quick reference to what is gonna fit for people who doesnt want to do any extra work.

you find a nice set of 2nd hand wheels with certain size and offset, check if its gonna fit and if it does then research more on how its gonna look. IF it doesnt fit then dont bother on wasting time?
                            bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by 03DC5R View Post
                              ok, so after the installation of the k24, the tramlining on my setup has gotten worse! here are my wheel/tire specs:

front: 17x9 +38 enkei nt03's with 235/45 khumo escata tyres
                              rear: 17x8 +35 enkei nt03's with 225/45 khumo escata tyres

here are my allignment setting:

Rear:
                              Camber; -1.5, -1.47
                              Toe-in; 3mm

Front:
                              Castor; 1.57, 1.48
                              Camber; -1.09, 1.26
                              Toe-in; 1.4mm

any clue as to why the car is behaving the way it is will be greatly appreciated...

just saw the pic on your for sale thread
                              looking nice!

i will see how my set sits when they arrive
                              Last edited by PHATJM; 04-08-09, 11:18 PM. Reason: found picture in for sale thread

Comment

just found this thread.... how do EP3R rims fit in DC2R?

Comment

Working...
                                X