No announcement yet.

♦ ♦ ChargeR's DC5R Blog ♦ ♦

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent news then I should have no issues with the 9.5 wide wheels I want to run up front! Thanks again!

http://intunedonline.com/showcase/ma...ece-on-wheels/

Comment

looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by Anointed_DC5 View Post
        Excellent news then I should have no issues with the 9.5 wide wheels I want to run up front! Thanks again!
        Yes you will definitely have no issues with fitting a 9.5 with a minimum of 255 tyres under those guards .

Originally posted by [Type_S] View Post
        looks good!
        Thanks.

Comment

Mini Update

Picked up some OEM Honda parts from the post office today. Something about OEM Honda parts in their little plastic bags makes me deeply happy. I ordered them from the U.S. from oemacuraparts.com. Their service was quite good, one of the parts was not in stock and had to be ordered and they emailed me immediately to let me know. Price was very good too. These parts will allow me to fix my leaky CV boot and intermittently noisy wheel bearing.

Contained in my little package of joy was:

1 x Front wheel bearing
          1 x Front hub
          1 x Front hub spindle nut
          1 x Outer CV boot kit
          1 x Honda ball joint remover tool

Comment

no more ghetto silicon!
            sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post

must quote this . looks awesome
              ----------------------------------------------------

arrowz
              blz-arw626

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                no more ghetto silicon!
                True story.

Originally posted by STTICH View Post
                must quote this . looks awesome
                Yeah that guy took some nice photos. Here is a link to his flickr: CLICK

Comment

looking good there.
                  "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Update 10: Toda Anti G-Force Oil Pan

In preparation for my track debut on my Hoosiers I decided it was time to finally install a baffled sump to try and prevent oil surge and resulting oil pressure issues. I installed it yesterday lying on the cold concrete of my driveway. Yes I am a hard man. The install was not difficult but is quite time consuming as two engine mounts must be disconnected and the whole subframe dropped. It took me around 5 hours with some breaks in the middle for beer. I used Hondabond to reseal the sump and put Loctite 243 on the threads of the bolts that hold the baffle plate in since I didn't really want them to come undone.

I chose to go with a Toda sump for a number of reasons:
                    • It includes a port for an oil temperature sensor. I have read suggestions that reading from the sump is the most reliable/consistent way of measuring oil temperature and a gauge is something I would like to add to my car in the future.

• The baffle is removable.

• I like the design. Some of the designs have very large plates in them which would make me concerned about their effect on oil drain back. The plate in the Toda is appropriately sized in my opinion. Apart from that the design is very similar to others with the filled area at the end to prevent oil getting up the chain case.

• It has Toda written on it.

Comment

Toda powa~!!!

Comment

Looks the goods
                        I'd go for the TODA tooo.

Comment

im too stingy to put toda oilpan LOL

Comment

Just an FYI, Honda does sell an RTV you're supposed to use with the oil pan and it's not Honda bond.

Part # for anyone wanting to get the stuff for k-series oil pans: 08718-0009

The Hondabond I'm assuming will seal just fine, I've used hondabond on a ton of stuff, works great, including coolant sealing surfaces. But if it does end up leaking, make sure you get the oil pan rtv gasket stuff, it's what I used to install my Toda pan and from what I can tell, it's not leaking or anything.

Anyways, congrats on the Toda pan!

Comment

Originally posted by maracer View Post
                              Looks the goods
                              I'd go for the TODA tooo.
                              Of course you would go for Toda you are a baller .

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                              Toda powa~!!!
                              Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                              im too stingy to put toda oilpan LOL
                              Hehe I know what you mean. I purchased it when the dollar bought 61 yen. It was an expensive exercise. Which sump did you choose to use?

Originally posted by Importtuner View Post
                              Just an FYI, Honda does sell an RTV you're supposed to use with the oil pan and it's not Honda bond.

Part # for anyone wanting to get the stuff for k-series oil pans: 08718-0009

The Hondabond I'm assuming will seal just fine, I've used hondabond on a ton of stuff, works great, including coolant sealing surfaces. But if it does end up leaking, make sure you get the oil pan rtv gasket stuff, it's what I used to install my Toda pan and from what I can tell, it's not leaking or anything.

Anyways, congrats on the Toda pan!
                              Thanks for the heads up on the gasket sealant . I think I might have used the stuff you are talking about, I stole it off a friend that used it on his S2000 sump and I don't think it said Hondabond on it anywhere. I will give it a look when I get back home tomorrow and confirm what it is.

Comment

Looks nice tom. I am about to start working on my integra this week. since I am finally home
                                "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Working...
                                X