No announcement yet.

need an steering alignment so setup quesitons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The USDM manual I have recommends zero toe at the front and 2mm of total toe in at the rear, probably for stability. If you want better wear from your tyres I would only run 1mm in or zero toe at the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by rayDC2R View Post
      so nobody can help me with the factory settings? do i have to start my own thread to get anyone's attention?
      Attached Files
      ... retired/

Comment

I noticed my tyre wear on the inside front aren't too good... How do they look? (My car veers to the left when steering wheel in centre position).
        it is supposaed to veer left (slightly)...

you dont want to veer right if you fall asleep do you?

you need pics of tyre wear to discuss it, plus more specs on KM of tyres. some inside front wear is normal on a DC2 with high KM tyres...
        ... retired/

Comment

it veers left more than slightly...
          and tyres are almost gone... i mean still have tread... maybe 30k or 40k on them... but old ones didnt bald in the middle like these... they wore evenly including fronts...

Comment

it veers left more than slightly...
            you have a problem then. thus need a new wheel alignment.
            and tyres are almost gone... i mean still have tread... maybe 30k or 40k on them... but old ones didnt bald in the middle like these... they wore evenly including fronts...
            bald in the middle? that is over-inflation usually?
            ... retired/

Comment

Bald in the middle.. interesting.

Some tyres are now running a different compound on the inner part of the tread, and a harder compound on the outer edges of the tyre. Perhaps this is why it has worn unevenly? What tyres are they?

Tinker is right though, usually this would indicate overinflation, however it's pretty hard to maintain overinflation for 30k kms, lol. I check my tyre pressures at least every 2 weeks and they are always a couple of PSI too low.
              | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

nitrogen FTW!
                ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                  nitrogen FTW!
                  Too inconvenient...

If I had a Nitrogen bottle at home I would be all for the idea
                  | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

sorry... i used the wrong term...
                    bald on the INSIDE... i was thinking towards the "middle" of the car...

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                      If I had a Nitrogen bottle at home I would be all for the idea
                      that is the point you don't need one...

ray - 30 or 40 thousand is OK, for tyres...

but it shows your alignment was set with "too much" toe out to avoid tyre wear.

with the related benefit of more responsive steering...

see how factory toe is 0'0, and yours was 0.4'0.4...

but - if you want *better tyre wear* - go factory settings 0mm front and 1mm toe in each side rear...
                      ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                      X