No announcement yet.

Vbp DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car is looking aggressive obed!, perfect ride height and the new tyres are looking sweeet! Hope 2 c it soon

Comment

When i saw the purple DC5 i went :O I hate u lol
      Car looks good, very aggressive, that was your front that was cracked yes?
      Does hardrace provide all 4 mounts or just the 3 like Hasport & Innovative?

JDM Rear looks so good... Allows for so many kits..
      Only thing i dislike is that bloody big gap above the number plate!
      Last edited by MYDC5R; 05-05-12, 09:39 AM.

Comment

ROFL haha! purple DC5.. Probs wud cost a fortune painting!
        Yeah, there was another side that split as well. No wonder my engine felt like it was going everywhere haha.
        Yup, Hard race had 4 mounts ! Ride is nice and vibration is tolerable. =D

Yeah, that huge gap is going to stay there =[
        But, I can always move the number plate up (which I will do if I have time). The only thing then is those two flaps that hold the number plate will be holding nothing =[

Last edited by ob3d; 27-10-12, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ob3d View Post
          Ride height looks awesome man, good work

Looks better in blue anyway IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So...
            I'm sitting in my University dormitory right now... bored as, because it's raining...

LOL.

Mmm..

Just thought I might share something quite exciting (but not really).

It's a 40,000km 2006 JDM Type R from the UK.

No, it's not mine and it's staying over there in the UK =P.

It looks so clean... but sadly it got written off.

Anyway, I'm taking certain parts off it that are quite valuable in a way that I've heard it's hard to find and furthermore, harder to find in good used condition.

It's moreso functional over form. =D.

Expecting the package to come in soon.. but sadly, it won't be until next year that I get to see it in person =[.
            Last edited by ob3d; 27-10-12, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Hi Obed, I like my food GRILLed

Oh and nice lights hehe
              Shak's S2000

Comment

Hey Shak!

Me too ;D

As a matter of fact, I've got a BBQ Grill getting sent to me on Monday!
                I figured the extra cooking platform would be useful at home ;D

Comment

You guys!
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Whats the difference between your AUDM Type S headlights and that JDM Type R ones?

Comment

There are a few differences between the two

1) JDM has in-built ballast housing and different way of mounting the bulbs (Refer to first pic.. the ballast has its own special housing)
                      2) JDM uses special reflectors that doesn't produce as much HID glare as the AUDM ones
                      3) JDM has electronic beam adjusters <--- but may require wiring and fiddling around.
                      4) [Apparently] JDM has no slot for parker lights..

Most people agree that I could've just adjusted the beam of my current headlights and point it downwards to prevent blinding oncoming drivers... And save me the $1000+ ...

But I just couldn't resist it the moment I got in contact with the UK guy LOL.

That being said... Retrosolutions HID kit was still pretty good and I would recommend it to anyone who has decided to run HIDs <---- just aim the beam a bit lower to prevent intense glare.

Some sample pics of JDM light

Last edited by ob3d; 28-10-12, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Hey bud,
                        Well done on getting JDM Headlights!
                        I've got them on mine and they rock No spray, correctly angle!
                        Make sure your receive the igniters with your headlights otherwise the OEM Ballast is useless... As i found out after i got mine to Melbourne...
                        I was lucky enough to find one second hand.

Im running the pre-facelift ones, i still have my parkers but the facelift could slightly be different as the housing is completely different.
                        Feel free to chuck me a pm if you have a question

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                          Hey bud,
                          Well done on getting JDM Headlights!
                          I've got them on mine and they rock No spray, correctly angle!
                          Make sure your receive the igniters with your headlights otherwise the OEM Ballast is useless... As i found out after i got mine to Melbourne...
                          I was lucky enough to find one second hand.

Im running the pre-facelift ones, i still have my parkers but the facelift could slightly be different as the housing is completely different.
                          Feel free to chuck me a pm if you have a question
                          Yeah! I'm sure the seller said it comes with everything!

If it didn't, what are my options?

Find one second hand?
                          Can I order new ones from Honda? Does that mean my old HID kit will be taken out?

Comment

Originally posted by ob3d View Post
                            Yeah! I'm sure the seller said it comes with everything!

If it didn't, what are my options?

Find one second hand?
                            Can I order new ones from Honda? Does that mean my old HID kit will be taken out?
                            The Igniter is they key part to making the HID's work...
                            If you wish to retain using the OEM One's you must make sure you have them as you can't buy aftermarket units. I believe JDMConcept sell them.
                            http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/part/oem-honda/hid-igniter

They can't be made... I tried this approach aswell.
                            So your options will be this thats IF THEY DON'T come with your headlights.
                            You either purchase the igniters your missing... Or you run an Aftermarket HID Kit...
                            I ended up getting very lucky and finding an Igniter for sale on it's own, second hand of course.

Comment

So... On the 20th of February, I asked my brother to drop my car off at Top One to get the JDM headlights installed.

The days/weeks leading to this day involved a lot of research and a lot of asking around to get every possible piece of info I could get... Carl (MYDC5R) was a HUGE help. He responded to my messages very quickly and told me where to go to find certain things.

There is a function with the facelift JDM headlights that allows auto-levelling... So if you go over a speedbump or take a sharp left, the headlights adjust to cater to the change. Unfortunately, I couldn't get this working as I was missing the sensors and most likely the JDM ecu... But no biggie I guess...

To anyone who is thinking of getting JDM headlights.... It's not as easy as plug and play.... I didn't take into account the OEM igniters.. They cost a fortune for a pair (~$500 new from JDMConcept) and you'd be lucky to find a used pair on eBay selling for a decent price. On top of this, the OEM connectors that go from the ballast onwards needed to be sourced from an s2000 or get your electrician to do it. Furthermore, you'd better hope your OEM D2R bulbs are functional or you'd need to source some aftermarket ones (Osram/Philips have recently come out with a very good model.. but quite expensive).

All in all.. The setup cost me quite a bit... but I'm 110% satisfied.

The HID cutoff is just amazing and I can see why Carl is pleased with his setup.

My brother said that pics don't do it justice and it looks even cleaner in real life... I can't wait to come home and see for myself.
                              Last edited by ob3d; 21-02-13, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Nice work on the headlights. Looks awesome. Need more updates Obed
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X